2708+ enabled kernel [14MB ram with radio 2.22.27.08/18.104.22.168 & hboot 1.33.0013d]
Attention: The following will only work on phones that 32B devices; This includes ALL HTC Dreams (regardless of EBI1/EBI0; but only includes the original MT3G phones. Not the Magic 32A (sometimes called magic plus) without the audio jack or the Fender/MT3G 1.2 device with the audio jack.
Fender/MT1.2 users see this thread
for additional information.
A little while back the MT3G-ota release hit the streets; With it on the MT3G was a new radio 2.22.27.08, and H-Boot 1.33.0013 allowing the new firmware to have access to 15MB additional ram. Since I've had some patches on our old radio/SPLs to bring that down to 14; however that still leaves us a long way to go.
Now I'm happy to announce the new radio can be used with the latest build of my latest kernel
This is at this point in time an advance process so please proceed with caution and read carefully, so you do not end up bricking your device.
!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!
The following SPL 1.33.0013d, was modified with HTC Dreams in mind.
However after some trial it appears to also be safe on the 32b Sapphire phones [aka MT3G]; And will provide benefits as bypassing any version/region checks on the NBH flashes and allowing 'fastboot erase system -w' to ensure cleaner wipes between installs.
Sapphire users may however also use the unmodified 1.33.0013 (this is not recommended for dream users due to the partition sizes, and lack of 'fastboot erase image' to simplify wipes between roms; or CustomMTD resizes.)
To Start you will need a fastboot enabled SPL such as 1.33.2003 or 1.33.2005 or 1.33.2010 or 1.42.2000 as I'm not distributing the new radio/SPL in a update.zip ..
== Files ==
> EBI0 Recovery
(MD5: 11ae63afee9813a9b76cb3f7fd5ac2ad) from here
32b Magic: recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G-cyan.img
(MD5: 8846b53e3184d688e3e8a628ad81074f) from here
> Any Kernel installer
(Only if you are not using a rom containing a 2708+ kernel) [choose 1]:
ezBiffTestKernel20110222-2708_S.zip (MD5: c6e4b6f34b9f4e5507090b678499198c) /*previously ezBiffTestKernel20101106-2708_S.zip*/
(for source code see this tag .. specifically the 2708+ patch is this: patch, additional details on this set of kernels is here).
ez-nightly236-cm-2708port_S.zip and other CM6.1nightly kernels. (source code and additional information on the CM Forum post)
CM-6.1-final uses the same code as the 271 nightly so install it after installing the rom and before rebooting. Note: if you find more than this line green with that kernel try 251, my 20101106 or pershoots kernels.
The most recent pershoot kernels also support the additional ram.
The ezgb2636 kernel series http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2427
(Note: Any other 2708 ported kernels, or roms with such a kernel can be used without the above port files)
> A Rom
(note: many cm6 based roms block install because of the '1.33.0013d' bootloader Please use firerat's SpoofSPL
Known to work:
- MT3G-Test3 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811620
- Nandroid backups/SpoofSPL installs of CM6/CM6RC1/BiffMod/SparksMod/other derivatives will probably also work
- Biffmod2.1 2708+ port
- CM6-RC1 2708+ port
- CM6 final 2708+ port (unofficial)
- CM5.0.8 2708+ port
If you have an older rom you wish to port this post
may be able to help you do it.
New Alternative radio:
RADIO-22.214.171.124.img (MD5: 8bfccfb9ee3f992137e5171aa892235b) file can be found in:
== Installing ==
(Note: Please Do read the information on the SPL below before actually installing)
1) Take a nandroid backup of your current rom (mandatory if you are trying to move the current rom to the new radio/SPL) to simplify things put any update.zips you expect to need on the SD card now
2) enter fastboot mode
3) flash the files and other operations via fastboot
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-dream-v1.7.0-cyan.img
fastboot flash radio radio-2.22.27.08.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot-1.33.0013d.img
now you will see you have an s-on boot loader with 1.33.0013d as its version
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
please remember while fastboot erase works; fastboot flash does not so be careful *not* to remove the recovery
4) Boot into recovery
5) install a system from backup or as a fresh rom some options are:
a. If you want your previous rom restore the nandroid backup
b. If you are installing the MT3G-Test3 flash 'MT3G-test3_S.zip' (no need to continue with these instructions as this is a 2708 port)
c. If you are installing BiffModV2.1-2708port_S.zip flash it as per These instructions using the 2708+ port instead of the BiffModV2.1.zip (you will not need to continue with the steps on this page)
d. Install your new rom as-per the roms instructions (if it is a 2708+ port do not proceed to step 6 unless you want my kernel instead of the rom creators)
6) If your rom doesn't come with a 2780+ port: Flash the anykernel for the new radio ezBiffTestKernel20110222-2708_S.zip
7) reboot and use as normal
== Flashing From a Stock SPL ==
* Magic 32b Users: if you have a 2.x radio with a 1.33.00xx SPL other than 1.33.0013/1.33.0013d please see This Post
* Dream Users: if you have 0.95.0000/0.95.3000/10.95.3000 see this post
* Dream Users: if you have a 3.x please re-read your rooting instructions, it will install 1.33.2005 for you and allow you to continue with these instructions.
== Switching from 1.33.0013 to 1.33.0013d ==
Any user that install 1.33.0013 or has rooted a stock 32b sapphire phone with 1.33.0013 pre-installed and wishes to switch to 1.33.0013d you may use the following update.zip:
(Note this will only work if you are migrating 1.33.0013->1.33.0013d otherwise it will prevent you from installing the update)
== Important Information about 1.33.0013d ==
A not quite so perfected SPL
1.33.0013d is based on the new 1.33.0013 released in the MT3G ota and allows access to the additional memory provided by the new radio. The original SPL however was very unfriendly to the Dream; and being a perfected SPL left quite a bit to be desired.
Please note 1.33.0013d is modified for use only on the dream and has a few of the problems fixed (but some cannot be changed due to the Perfected base SPL)
*) Fastboot mode is enabled (however very few commands are available)
*) fastboot erase works (allowing us the most important function of wiping the current system)
*) 'fastboot flash nbh' works and will skip most checks
*) SPL's partition layout (dream only): 91MB system 27MB cache 91.8MB data
(magic users will see a normal partition layout)
If you find yourself stuck without recovery!!
If you just temporarily need an engineering SPL (and recovery is working):
1) Download: orange-126.96.36.199.nbh (MD5: aca4dee0c1ece7e9773f2ecbdfbba7c0) (mirror)
2) enter fastboot and run 'fastboot flash nbh orange-188.8.131.52.nbh'
3) wait for the entire nbh to flash
4) boot into the bootloader again (it will be an engineering SPL 1.42.2000)
5) You can now re-flash the radio/hboot/recovery via fastboot that you wish to have installed.
1) Download SAPPIMG.nbh
2) enter fastboot and run 'fastboot flash nbh SAPPIMG.nbh'
3) Continue as per one click (flashreq) root instructions: http://www.getyourdroidon.com/wiki/i...One_Click_Root
(and have SPL 1.33.0013 + radio 2.22.27.08):
1) Nanroid backup
2) Flash (via recovery) ENG SPL 1.33.2005 **
3) do what you need to in the engineering SPL
4) reflash 1.33.0013d as above (install, reboot bootloader, fastboot erase)
5) restore nandroid
** Please remember if you have CustomMTD to remove it before flashing a SPL of Radio from recovery
fastboot erase without fastboot
I highly recommend dream users run 'fastboot erase system -w' as instructed above when first installing 1.33.0013d. However for sapphire users with 1.33.0013 (missing fastboot erase support) and for all users when away from your computer see this thread
for a recovery executable zip to simulate fastboot erase.
== Switching between Radios 2.22.27.08 and 184.108.40.206 ==
To do this you can either restore the engineering SPL as above
Or use an advanced update.zip:
These zips have extended safety features.
1) Notice that you need to remove custom MTD (exists without flashing with warning)
2) prevents you from flashing if you currently have a different series of radio (ie. 1.22 or 3.22 .. it must be 2.22)
3) asks in a yes/no menu if you are sure that you want to install (with an extended warning for "unknown" SPLs that may cause problems. (1.33.0013/1.33.0013d/1.33.2005 are the 'known' SPLs)
It is *still* safer to use fastboot when possible however this is the method used by the OTA its self.. (just try to make sure you have a valid system first .. my checks attempt to avoid the most common potential issues.. but if you are crafty it can still cause a brick.)