[ROM] Flytouch2 Froyo [Stragulus]

OP Drazix

1st February 2011, 06:17 PM   |  #1331  
Thanks Meter: 75

124 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r

Once you flash U0 you can flash from sdcard but you need U0 first Also you need to make the sdcard with burn tool but the good news is that it is a new version of burn tool.

EDIT: anyone have any ideas on how to extract the ius file so that we can grab the img files from it?

Use a hex editor to search for gzip headers (0x1F8B08). That way, you will find the compressed ramdisk.cpio image and system.img. E.g. dd if=<thefile.ius> bs=<the offset of the gzip header> skip=1 | gzip -cd - > imagefile

If gzip produces the file and only warns about garbage at the end, you've found the proper location!

If found:

You can create ramdisk image like this:

Code:
{ cat uboot_header ; dd if=file.ius bs=<offset> skip=1 | gzip -cd - | gzip ; } > ramdisk.img
The uboot_header is the first 64 bytes from the ramdisk.img of older firmwares, you can grab it from there (again, dd!)

And system.img:

Code:
dd if=file.ius bs=<offset> skip=1 | gzip -cd - > system.img
uImage (kernel + u-boot header) is a little trickier. You have to search in the hex editor for 0x27051956, and then look if you see a Linux kernel version following it in the next 128 or so bytes. I'm not sure how to tell exactly how many bytes the uImage in the .ius file is though, but you can look at the supplied burn tool to see how many KB it reports the kernel to be. Round that up and use that as size to extract. So if it returns 2600.5 KB:

Code:
dd if=file.ius bs=1 seek=<offset> count=$((2601* 1024)) of=uImage
A few extra bytes in the uImage won't hurt.

I'll have a go at it later if no one has beat me to it
Last edited by stragulus; 23rd April 2011 at 02:10 PM.
1st February 2011, 06:37 PM   |  #1332  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi to everyone. I'm new to this android tablet and to this forum; following your advertise I've been able to update my 1170 firm up to 1623 but today I've decided ( ) to try the v1.9:#2852. I've burned the U0 flash with the u-boot-nand.bin from OV2655 folder and everythng was fine; on the screen appear the message that i could remove the OTG and reboot but...the my FT2 just do not reboot. It only vibrates continuosly (more that one hour then I hit the rest just to stop it) without going on. The screen remain blank. I've tried all the possibile buttons combination in order to reach the programing state or the recovery console without success. Now I don't know how to get my pad to life...
Can someone try to help me.
Thanks in advance...
Last edited by sdedo71; 1st February 2011 at 06:50 PM.
1st February 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #1333  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Hi Ovaal,

I got my screen for a good price using this link: h t t p s :// w w w. lcdtec.nl/ ppc- scherm- InnoLux++BT101IW01+V.0. s h. t m l
(Remove any spaces in the url )
Received it 2 days after ordering. Replaced it without any problem. Works great.

Hope this wil help.

Sent from my SuperPad using XDA app.
1st February 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #1334  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
does anyone else have problems with the new IUW burntool?

I do have my windows Just in time debugger running and the application does crash on startup...
Last edited by Jan Rune; 1st February 2011 at 07:58 PM.
1st February 2011, 11:54 PM   |  #1335  
Flag Sanford, NC
Thanks Meter: 142

684 posts
More
@stragulus do you use any sort of chat program preferably irc on freenode.net #slatedroid ?

I'm going to try to build a flashable build based on gingerbread 2.3.2 using your patches. It would be great to be able to communicate in real time.
2nd February 2011, 12:53 AM   |  #1336  
Flag kislovodsk

17 posts
More
Unhappy ----
WE ASK to FORGIVE FOR MY ENGLISH
I BURNED NEW VERSION of the PROGRAM, ALL PASSED FINE, BUT did NOT WORK CAMERA, I BEGAN burn u0 AS it is RECOMMENDED In DESCRIPTION To PROGRAMEE. AFTER BURN u-boot.bin GT2005, HAS GOT BRICK!!!
ON BUTTON POWER does NOT, NO VIBRATIONS , TRIED ANY COMBINATIONS, ALL ELSE BRICK, HELP WHO CAN!!!
2nd February 2011, 01:21 AM   |  #1337  
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by djidai

, I BEGAN burn u0 AS it is RECOMMENDED In DESCRIPTION To PROGRAMEE. AFTER BURN u-boot.bin GT2005, ...

Have you tried to burn the u-boot-nand.bin from the OV2655 folder?

If your pad is still booting you may have to try that file ... or maybe the old one from the pandawill (1170 with u-boot-nand.bin) ...
2nd February 2011, 01:33 AM   |  #1338  
Flag kislovodsk

17 posts
More
Unhappy
YES I burn the u-boot-nand.bin from the OV2655 folder/ CAMERA did NOT WORK WHEREUPON I BURNED u-boot.bin GT2005/
PRESENTLY BOARD does NOT NOR ON THAT, WHEN STRIKING ON BUTTON POWER, NO REACTION/
2nd February 2011, 01:37 AM   |  #1339  
Thanks Meter: 75

124 posts
Donate to Me
Moved to other thread, thanks you dgcruzing!
Last edited by stragulus; 2nd February 2011 at 12:49 PM.
2nd February 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #1340  
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djidai

...PRESENTLY BOARD does NOT NOR ON THAT, WHEN STRIKING ON BUTTON POWER, NO REACTION/

hmmmm ... hope there is still power on your batteries ... if not, then I think you killed your flash ...

If you killed your flash you have to desolder the flash and try to burn it with a Galep or something like that ...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, flying touch 2, flying touch ii, flytouch 2, flytouch2, rom, tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread