Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 39,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Flytouch2 Froyo [Stragulus]

Tip us?

roytoch
Old
(Last edited by roytoch; 12th November 2010 at 08:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
4 hours wouldmake me happy way enough for me.

I have received my device, will type more about it, but have a strange problem. I think the screen is not wide enough (short side, not long side) for the whole thing, so part of it (either bottom or left) falls off screen. Anybody got that problem?

Okay the problem is I think the difference between 1024x600 and 1024x576 or something. I think the resolution of the rom is the first while the real resolution is the last.

I just hooked up my logitech wave keyboard/mouse receiver usb stick, I now have a mouse cursor and can type using the full size keyboard. Amazing.

Things that are supercool:
- keyboard/mouse compatibility
- screen size
- build quality, not compared to fullprice but for 120$ it's good
- sd card plugin just... works

Not so cool:
- resolution problem
- somewhat sloow sometimes
- screen flickers
- google maps is absolutely positively sure I'm in the water below Africa

Apps that work well on a large screen:
- Twidroyd because of landscape mode
- Angry birds is fast enough and is controllable, and is beautiful on a large screen
- Dolphin Browser HD, has tabs and goes to full screen after a while which gives a nice browsing experience

Drazix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the review! Still haven't received mine I believe the first batch of Zenithinks were also 1024x576, in a later revision they changed that. I hope it's something else whats causing this, because 600 pixels is already a bit small, so 576 will make it even worse. It's also strange that I haven't read this issue from other people who received their unit on the german androidhilfe.de forum?

What do you mean by screen flickers? And how does the screen respond to your fingers?

roytoch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well i do think i have an old batch then, as the screen issue is there and 26 pixels sounds exactly like the size of the part that falls off screen. However, I feel like I have plenty space.

As for the screen, it is very resistive. It does need a firm press but ill try re-calibrating it to see if it becomes better. Angry birds is playable though which gives an expression that the screen is not all that bad. Flickers; it just is a bit flickery in terms of backlight. However, android has the strangest habit of flickering when in put is detected, this is also the case at my desire, so it might be related to that. Will try to google a bit more for a possible fix.

By the way, I ordered the case as well with the keyboard and I typed this complete reply with it, it really is a nice addition to the tablet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazix View Post
Thanks for the review! Still haven't received mine I believe the first batch of Zenithinks were also 1024x576, in a later revision they changed that. I hope it's something else whats causing this, because 600 pixels is already a bit small, so 576 will make it even worse. It's also strange that I haven't read this issue from other people who received their unit on the german androidhilfe.de forum?

What do you mean by screen flickers? And how does the screen respond to your fingers?

Zap!
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I received it today, in the form of "Orphan M16-GPS". I'm shocked it came so quickly, as it was shipped from China this week!

I'll have a full review shortly, but I will say this: So far it's a massive improvement over my last tablet, a ZT-180. It even comes with a screen protector! The only negatives are the sound (seems low) so far, but I'll hold back until I get to fully experience the tablet.

By the way, any cases for this tablet yet? I'm using my old one, but it is slightly off since the other tablet was a ZT-180.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"
Zap! Classic Video Game Forums

dixie265
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ive just checked my flytouch2 with quick system info and it showed..
Arm V6l compatible processor @ 791.34 Mhz
0.96 Internal Storage

Is anyone else getting these on theres?
as its spose to be 1 Ghz cpu and 2 gig storage?

feeling ripped off here

madscalp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie265 View Post
Ive just checked my flytouch2 with quick system info and it showed..
Arm V6l compatible processor @ 791.34 Mhz
0.96 Internal Storage

Is anyone else getting these on theres?
as its spose to be 1 Ghz cpu and 2 gig storage?

feeling ripped off here
Hmmmm what's your provider ?

dixie265
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscalp View Post
Hmmmm what's your provider ?
I got it from witglobal.com , I just want to make sure that this is being read correctly before i start saying things that may be wrong.

dixie265
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I got it from witglobal.com , I just want to make sure that this is being read correctly before i start saying things that may be wrong.
Just been on to witglobal and they said..

The Anroid OS takes up 1 gig of the storage so thats why theres only 0.96gb left.

The CPU is a 800Mhz that has been overclocked to 1Ghz so thats why it gets read as a 791.34Mhz

roytoch
Old
(Last edited by roytoch; 13th November 2010 at 10:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Nobody else has the problem that stuff falls off screen? I have attached an image. It seems to be exactly 24 pixels high, making my 576/600 pixels high theory plausable.

By the way, I used FBreaderJ (google it, it is free) for reading an epub ebook yesterday night. Using the left side of screen to change brightness it was very readable at night. Had it on night mode (black screen white text), changed the font (like Serif fonts better) and the margins. Now I have the perfect e-reader have to test battery life still.

The default launcher isn't that bad but the normal google launcher or launcherpro work better imho. However, when I change it using home switcher, it keeps returning to Wowhome (the standard launcher with the 3d effect). Anybody managed to get rid of the standard launcher yet?

I am also still searching for a good keyboard, with HIGHER keys, not only wider.

By the way: @dixie: it might be that there are two partitions on the internal memory, and that 1 gig is kept free or something, but android itself is NOT 1GB. Closer to 180-250, 250 being the large HTC Desire HD roms for example. Seeing as this is essentially a changed phone rom with some new icons, I can't believe it really uses 1GB. However, when it is partitioned it might be.

I think when looking in this info program you mentioned, the internal storage is one partition (980MB of which 848 is free here), System storage is one (192/84) and cache is also one (64/58). Adding all these up gives about 1248MB total storage.

madscalp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just been on to witglobal and they said..

The Anroid OS takes up 1 gig of the storage so thats why theres only 0.96gb left.

The CPU is a 800Mhz that has been overclocked to 1Ghz so thats why it gets read as a 791.34Mhz
Incredible !!!
What appli do you use to read the processor indication ?

Tags
android, flying touch 2, flying touch ii, flytouch 2, flytouch2, rom, tablet