[ICONS] X2K2's Tiles Icons (220) (Designed For 800x480) [V4.1 - 11|16|2010]
..:: X2K2's Tiles Icons ::..
- 220 icons so far (Covers pretty much everything you need, always room for more though)
- Designed for 800x480 screens (Tested on Samsung Galaxy S)
- Designed for 5 rows / 4 columns homescreen setup (LauncherPro or ADW) (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
- Designed to be used with Notification bar (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
- To be applied with Desktop Visualizer (Can be found on the Market for free)
- Includes various tiles (1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1)
- Several versions for each icon
- Clean look, no icon names
- No resizing required (No need for LauchnerPro Plus)
- Precisely measured
- Source pictures grabbed from various places (Props to the original creators!)
- Inspired by Windows Phone 7
1x1 = 110x122px
1x2 = 115x264px
2x1 = 230x124px
3x1 = 355x124px
4x1 = 475x124px
More versions might follow
Spacing between icons horizontal/vertical = 10px
Select the Desktop Visualizer widget size you want to use, then the matching icon size.
For 1x1 icons select Desktop Visualizer (Small).
In Desktop Visualizer remove the icon label and set touch effect to none for the best look.
Things noticed while playing around with different icon sizes
Creating the perfect look with tiles is quite tricky. Exact pixel "mathematics" don't really work out with the different widget sizes.
According to some calcualting I did, the icon sizes should be different, than what they finally turned out to be.
For example the width for the 4x1 icon is 470px, even though the raw image size is 475px.
But when actually using 470px as raw image size, the spacing between the tiles gets reduced to 8px, instead of 10px.
I actually did several drawings on plain old paper to determine the pixel sizes for all icons.
But it turned out to be another case of theory VS praxis. So in the end, these are the icon sizes that work out perfectly in real life.
I haven't tested several configurations, like a homescreen with only 1x1 icons. That's what the end user will have to do.
And that's why I need some feedback on your different configurations.
Or Topic Attachment
V1: Initial Release
V2: 1x1 icons fixed, now 110x122
V3: Added another 34 icons like Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Weather, AngryBirds... + fixed one icon
V4: Added 60 more icons in different categories like sports, games, news and comics. Also fixed some icon sizes and names.
V4.1: Some fixes
Mad props to all developers letting us customize our phones for FREE!
Originally Posted by spline1
how do I take a dump?