* Supported roms :
- Sense roms (Wildpuzzle / Leaf / SunaAbh / DK etc..)
- Aosp roms (OpenFire / GingerFire)
- CyanogenMod roms (CM 6.1.0 / CM 7 )
- Theoretically every 2.2 & 2.3 roms for Wildfire
- Depending on countries (and possibly fingerprints) you might get different results !
- If you can't download, blame google and their servers !
- If you feel like doing a Nandroid backup, do it !
What it does :
- shows non-Qvga (up to 800*480=WVGA) apps in market (ex. Rom-Manager)
- show protected apps (ex. Paypal(?) / Dr. droid )
What it does NOT :
- doesn't show paid apps in countries which... don't show them, use Market Enabler for that.
- A custom rom (or at least a rooted phone with custom recovery)
- Cyanogen only : Pre-installed G-apps
Install instructions :
- Download Symp.market.Color.vX.X.zip
- Put in on your SD-card root
- Reboot under Recovery
- Flash as usual (select a zip from sdcard => naviguate to .zip => select "yes" and wait it's done)
- Reboot under your rom, tap on the market icon
- Accept ToS (if not, see the FAQ, Q°4) and enjoy
1 - An app not showing ? Check on www.androlib.com if the requested app isn't missing from the market ! (ex : ScummVM)
2 - Can't download from the market ? The patching method I used is a known process and it's 99.9% impossible that it causes problems. If downloading apps fails, it's a google-sided problem.
3 - Don't know what it does ? Look at screenshots, XXX results for a "video" search Search for "video" to see the difference (or compare before and after patching) !
4 - After flashing the market, you still can't see more apps ? You'll need to go to "Settings", from there go to Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> find the Market app ==> Purge its datas & caches : Accept ToS again.
5 - Can't reboot / bootloops right after flashing this patch ?!??! Well, I'm not going to open an Aftersales service, but first : You did something wrong !
=> This patch only do things related to Vending.apk (market app) & its cache, nothing more ! Therefore, having a PHONE issue (like not rebooting / needing to flash a previous nandroid backup) ISN'T MY RESPONSABILITY NOR THIS PATCH'S FAULT. This being stated, I still can point out some of those WRONG BEHAVIOR and what it does :
*removing Vending.apk from G-apps* => perfectly stupid !
*not installing G-apps before flashing* => YOU NEED THEM !
*flashing this patch to a stock rom* => I never tried, but if it works, it's kewl.
6 - New v2.2.x gives you FCs ? Use the Symp.Market.Remover.zip to purge the market :
1- Put the file on your SDcard
2- Flash it under Clockwork Recovery
3- Reboot, let your rom boot (WITHOUT directly flashing a patched market)
4- once your rom booted, check market disapeared and can't be launched by any leftover shortcut.
5- Reboot under recovery and flash Symp.Color.market.vX.X.zip as normal
*another wierd problem not listed below?* => No, this isn't stupid to ask if you did everything GOOD, if no matter what you still have ****s, just post a Logcat and/or the maximum infos about what's going wrong.
- V7.2.1 : Skoobly-Oobly-Doobob - normaly properly functional (we're better off not using gingerbread's G-apps Vending.apk)
- V7.1 :
- v2.2.11 / still the same / gingerbread's apk used
- RM Premium is normally back
- Forgot to purge caches in updater-script
- Nice / With uber-leet comment updater-script remake for Market&Permissions&Remover package.
- removed v5.2 / oldest "changelogs", if needed PM me, i'll post it back
- v6.1 : v2.2.7 / similar as before / Separated permissions fix (only needed on CM6.1) / Now stable / New Package : Symp.Market.Remover.zip, see FAQ n°6
- v6 : v2.2.6 / shows apps up to 800*480 / Added some /etc/permissions missing in CyanogenMod releases.
/!\ CYANOGEN USERS ONLY /!\ :
CM6.1 & CM7 users need to flash an additional file :
CM6.1.0 / FROYO => CM6-Market.fix.zip (simple permissions fix)
CM7 / GINGERBREAD => You might need to fake your fingerprint to latest Nexus S fingerprint :
- Edit and flash your Build.prop according to this :
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.1 GRH78 85442 release-keys
Only for CyanogenMod
Download links :