5,815,179 Members 38,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Eugene OR TeamWhiskey 2.2

Tip us?
 
jzero88
Old
(Last edited by jzero88; 7th November 2010 at 06:51 PM.)
#1  
jzero88's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,133
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange County
Default Eugene OR TeamWhiskey 2.2

So it looks like they both have working 2.2 builds out in the wild now. My question is which one is better, or which one are YOU going to use? Let's try and keep the comparison here, that way we don't clog up both of these wonderful dev's threads.
 
Gigamaster89
Old
#2  
Gigamaster89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 865
Join Date: Sep 2010
I have never used either since I'm still stock. What was the general consensus before their new 2.2 builds?
 
jzero88
Old
#3  
jzero88's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,133
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange County
I wouldn't know. They both have a huge following though. What I have noticed is that each one has very loyal followers. It almost seems as if its "either one or the other". But since it is now 2.2, it is a completely different ball game.
 
willsnews
Old
#4  
willsnews's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 1,320
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
I wouldn't know. They both have a huge following though. What I have noticed is that each one has very loyal followers. It almost seems as if its "either one or the other". But since it is now 2.2, it is a completely different ball game.
I thinks it's really your preference no two vibrants are the same so whatever works best for your phone and for you is what matters try them both try them all you'll figure out what's best for you I'm running bionix final with jacs oc/uv kernel but I've tried the froyo roms they are cool but for me this works best have fun and for the love of god stay drunk

Times never wasted when your getting waisted
 
jzero88
Old
#5  
jzero88's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,133
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange County
Quote:
I thinks it's really your preference no two vibrants are the same so whatever works best for your phone and for you is what matters try them both try them all you'll figure out what's best for you I'm running bionix final with jacs oc/uv kernel but I've tried the froyo roms they are cool but for me this works best have fun and for the love of god stay drunk

Times never wasted when your getting waisted
lol +1

I love you man. nohomo
 
argie
Old
#6  
argie's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 97
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bedford, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
My question is which one is better?
Fair question, but somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. My experience with stock vs cooked ROMs (MT3G CM6) is that the only real advantage is better speed. Sure, a few different user-experience changes, but that's all. An the stock ROMs are far more stable.

My stock Vibrant is already plenty fast. I'm rooted and can use root-only apps. My Dolphin browser already displays Flash. JIT will make it technically faster, but will I actually notice..? What would Eugene or TeamWhiskey add to that...?
 
jonwilly
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 84
Join Date: Aug 2010
Have not tried either but am running fusion by team wiskey with there kernel. Phone runs to good to worry about 2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
 
willsnews
Old
#8  
willsnews's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 1,320
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by argie View Post
Fair question, but somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. My experience with stock vs cooked ROMs (MT3G CM6) is that the only real advantage is better speed. Sure, a few different user-experience changes, but that's all. An the stock ROMs are far more stable.

My stock Vibrant is already plenty fast. I'm rooted and can use root-only apps. My Dolphin browser already displays Flash. JIT will make it technically faster, but will I actually notice..? What would Eugene or TeamWhiskey add to that...?
What flash are you running on stock?

Times never wasted when your getting waisted
 
willsnews
Old
#9  
willsnews's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 1,320
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwilly View Post
Have not tried either but am running fusion by team wiskey with there kernel. Phone runs to good to worry about 2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
I like this post cause so many people wanna be on 2.2 for a lot of
Reasons but I only want the flash player lol

Times never wasted when your getting waisted
 
snorge
Old
#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jul 2010
Team whiskey roms are far too buggy to rely on

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Recovery? Check. Root? Check. Android One Ready for Lift Off!

Inthe last few weeks, we have been written quite a lot aboutAndroid One … more

Change the Style of Your Notifications with HeadsUp

Head Up notifications is one of these upcoming features that Android developers hid deep … more

Google Play Store to Show Price Ranges for In-App Purchases

Google recently announced a change to Google Play Store policy that requires … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Shut Up Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more