5,815,179 Members 38,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Eugene OR TeamWhiskey 2.2

Tip us?

jzero88
Old
(Last edited by jzero88; 7th November 2010 at 06:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Default Eugene OR TeamWhiskey 2.2

So it looks like they both have working 2.2 builds out in the wild now. My question is which one is better, or which one are YOU going to use? Let's try and keep the comparison here, that way we don't clog up both of these wonderful dev's threads.

Gigamaster89
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I have never used either since I'm still stock. What was the general consensus before their new 2.2 builds?

jzero88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
I wouldn't know. They both have a huge following though. What I have noticed is that each one has very loyal followers. It almost seems as if its "either one or the other". But since it is now 2.2, it is a completely different ball game.

willsnews
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
I wouldn't know. They both have a huge following though. What I have noticed is that each one has very loyal followers. It almost seems as if its "either one or the other". But since it is now 2.2, it is a completely different ball game.
I thinks it's really your preference no two vibrants are the same so whatever works best for your phone and for you is what matters try them both try them all you'll figure out what's best for you I'm running bionix final with jacs oc/uv kernel but I've tried the froyo roms they are cool but for me this works best have fun and for the love of god stay drunk

Times never wasted when your getting waisted

jzero88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
I thinks it's really your preference no two vibrants are the same so whatever works best for your phone and for you is what matters try them both try them all you'll figure out what's best for you I'm running bionix final with jacs oc/uv kernel but I've tried the froyo roms they are cool but for me this works best have fun and for the love of god stay drunk

lol +1

I love you man. nohomo

argie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
My question is which one is better?
Fair question, but somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. My experience with stock vs cooked ROMs (MT3G CM6) is that the only real advantage is better speed. Sure, a few different user-experience changes, but that's all. An the stock ROMs are far more stable.

My stock Vibrant is already plenty fast. I'm rooted and can use root-only apps. My Dolphin browser already displays Flash. JIT will make it technically faster, but will I actually notice..? What would Eugene or TeamWhiskey add to that...?

jonwilly
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have not tried either but am running fusion by team wiskey with there kernel. Phone runs to good to worry about 2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

willsnews
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by argie View Post
Fair question, but somewhat irrelevant in my opinion. My experience with stock vs cooked ROMs (MT3G CM6) is that the only real advantage is better speed. Sure, a few different user-experience changes, but that's all. An the stock ROMs are far more stable.

My stock Vibrant is already plenty fast. I'm rooted and can use root-only apps. My Dolphin browser already displays Flash. JIT will make it technically faster, but will I actually notice..? What would Eugene or TeamWhiskey add to that...?
What flash are you running on stock?

willsnews
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwilly View Post
Have not tried either but am running fusion by team wiskey with there kernel. Phone runs to good to worry about 2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
I like this post cause so many people wanna be on 2.2 for a lot of
Reasons but I only want the flash player lol

snorge
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3
Team whiskey roms are far too buggy to rely on

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk