Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] mClock,v2.2 released

OP knoxcoder

7th November 2010, 09:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 159

440 posts
I uploaded my digital clock widget, mClock. I plan on adding more styles and/or options. Let me know what you think, what you would like to see as far as options go and whatever else.

I've attached the QR code and screenshots.

For the fonts in the screenshot I just grabbed some off the web and put them on the sdcard.
Fonts: 1979, Acens, Colwell, Orbitron-Medium, and the built in fonts.

Report bugs: http://bitbucket.org/knoxcoder/mclock/issues

Xml help http://www.maroonedsoftware.com

Templates (skins) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=9856429

There is also a donate version, mClock.donate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qr.png
Views:	6867
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	436081   Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	14907
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	436082   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	14826
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	444702   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewImage-1.jpg
Views:	13383
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	444703  
Attached Files
File Type: apk mClock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (128.0 KB, 9511 views)
Last edited by knoxcoder; 16th December 2010 at 03:31 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to knoxcoder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2010, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 7

218 posts
More
Looks great so far!
I have some suggestions though,
First of all, I really want a real 24 hour clock instead of the 12 hour clock available.
4x2 widget would be awesome.
Perhaps custom date formatting, for example, I cannot currently do "Sunday, November 7". The default android formatting options would be nice i.e "EEEE, EEE, HHHH, MMMM, d and so on."
Perhaps click to open application..
Maybe shadow options?
Larger font size than 100px? I currently use 128px which perfectly fits my screen from side to side.
Separating different lines would be awesome, for example, I might want month and day number on one row and weekday on another.
Last edited by Poodlemastah; 7th November 2010 at 10:39 PM.
7th November 2010, 11:02 PM   |  #3  

440 posts
  • 24 hr clock: I have the code almost ready for that
  • 4x2 widget: Easy to add
  • Date format: Sunday, November 7 is already supported. You can turn off the year portion on any of the date formats and change the separator to ,(Space).
  • Click to open app: I've been thinking of a good way to handle this. I also need to allow clicking to open the options page. I've thought about dividing the clickable area to allow different launch options. If you have a good idea I'm all ears.
  • Shadow options: The blur effect overwrites the shadow. I haven't figured out a way to get both to work. I may settle for toggling between shadow or blur. But I did have the shadow working on a test build so it's doable.
  • Larger fonts: Easy to change
  • Different lines: That's where the different styles/formats come into play. Those take a bit more work but I do plan on providing that sort of thing.

Update to 1.3. Includes 24 hr clock, 4x2 widget and increased font max size
Last edited by knoxcoder; 7th November 2010 at 11:24 PM.
7th November 2010, 11:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Vranje, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 29

122 posts
Exellent app mate! Congratulations! I m using it whole evening! So good, so far! I have no further wishes about this app! Loving it!
7th November 2010, 11:39 PM   |  #5  
Flag Malmö

218 posts
More
About the click to open app, why not a application in the launcher for the settings?
24 hour clock option should disable AM/PM automatically?
Still not seeing 4x2 widget?

I like shadow because it can act as both solid blur, shadow and the color is configurable.
Blur seems cut off at top and bottom at big font sizes?

I know it's a hassle for almost no difference but perhaps render it as text instead of a bitmap?

I know I sound whiny but this app has so great potential and is already better than the rest of the clocks, simply awesome work. Love it.
8th November 2010, 12:42 AM   |  #6  

440 posts
New update fixes the 4x2 issue. I forgot to add it to the manifest file... Also I disable the am/pm if 24 hour mode is on.

As for the shadow, I'll work on it next. Hopefully should have it ready tomorrow night. I have code already that allows you to select the shadow color, x & y offset and the shadow size. It should just be a matter of getting it all in shape and tested.

For the app launch. Do you mean put a item in the configure screen that will launch the app?

The blur getting cut off is a side effect of the clipping, I have an idea of how to solve that but I'm going to delay the fix for now.

I don't mind the suggestions, I like to know what can be improved.
8th November 2010, 01:43 AM   |  #7  
Flag Malmö

218 posts
More
Seems the update service crashes(or simply doesn't start) a lot on 1.3.1 with the 4x2 size?
Text won't fill the 4x2 widget correctly, fonts seem limited to a too small size(only 24 hour clock, won't fit width)?
Another suggestion of mine, 24 hour clocks usually display a leading zero when the hour is a single digit?

What I meant with app launch was to have a normal app (the ones that show up in your app drawer ^^) for configuration and launch custom apps with the widget.
Last edited by Poodlemastah; 8th November 2010 at 01:49 AM.
8th November 2010, 03:18 AM   |  #8  

440 posts
Right now I have no clue why 4x2 doesn't work. It works on the emu but not on the device. The other sizes seem fine though. I'll look into it tomorrow.
8th November 2010, 03:34 AM   |  #9  
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 629

8,272 posts
More
Very cool looking digital clock widget! Great design.
8th November 2010, 08:10 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1,243

762 posts
My new favorite clock app !
What I really like about it is the way you can change colors.. gradient is a nice option.

Nice work mate !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread