[GUIDE] Debranding Bell Desire Z
Ok have just ran through this on irc and its confirmed working on a bell phone debranding to WWE
This will wipe your phone -- So backup all needed data
What you will need
Although tested and really shouldn’t cause any damage I accept no responsibility for any damage caused by this. By doing this you are accepting all responsibility
-- micro SD card reader
-- spare microSD or backup all data from your normal SD card
-- a WWE rom i,e THIS ROM
-- HeX editor
-- ADB shell set up and working
Part 1 GoldCard
1) Format the microSD card to FAT32 format (in card reader).
2) Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
3) Open Up an ADB shell this doesnt need to be ran as root.
4) Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number copy it
5) Visit this page
, paste in your number and reverse it.
6) Visit this page
, enter your reversed number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
7) Open the HxD hex editor. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must run the application as administrator.
8) Go to the 'Extra' menu and select 'Open Disk'. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important!
9) Go to the 'Extra' menu again and select 'Open Disk Image'. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
10) You should now have two tabs - one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image. Press OK when prompted for 'Sector Size' (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK.
11) Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Select All' then select the 'Edit' menu again and select 'Copy'.
12) Click on the 'Removable Disk' tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste Write'.
12) Click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', accepting the warning.
Part 2 Grabbing Rom From RUU
1) Start the exe and leave it to load
2) once loaded leave it
3) navigate to C:\Users\**username***\AppData\Local\Temp\
4) look for pne of the two newest folders and open
5) within that folder there will be another folder open that
6) find rom.zip and copy to the sdcard
7) rename PC10IMG.zip
8) Put MicroSD card back into phone and boot to android
Part 3 MISC edit to allow downgrade
this part is only needed if you are downgrading i.e from
1.34.666.5 to 1.34.405.5
1) open up "ADB shell" and type SU to get # symbol
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/misc.img
3) copy misc.img from the root of the sdcard to your computer //Copy So as to preserv a backup of misc.img on the SD card//
4) open the misc.img in the HeX editor
5) now edit the version line from somthing like
This will be whatever the version you are on currently
This can/will be whatever the version of the rom you are trying to downgrade too
6) now save as miscnew.img
Here is what your minsc.img and miscnew.img should look like in HeX editor
7) copy miscnew.img to sdcard
8) unmount usb storage
9) in ADB shell run command
Part 4 Flashing the rom
dd if=/sdcard/miscnew.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
1) power off phone
2) boot into hboot by holding down vol-dwn + power
3) the phone should then scan the .zip file and ask to flash
4) after flash you will be debranded and running a WWE rom
The Goldcard Guide Was Adapted To Work On The New eMMC Devices From Here mmc0 to mmc2
Phone :- HTC One S
Tablet :- Asus Transformer Prime (TF201) & Asus Transformer TF101
IRC :- freenode #DesireHD #asus-transformer #G2Root come join us
I am Bumble-Bee