[GUIDE] Downgrade ROM and Radio from OTA to Stock
This guide will show you how to downgrade your MyTouch 4G from the recently released OTA to the stock build.
This WILL wipe your device! I am not responsible for any damages!
A lot of people have reported -including me- that using this method to downgrade your firmware will cause your MT4G to not receive the OTA that was released right after the phone was.
What You Need:
- Hex Editor such as Bliss
- Temp-rooted MyTouch 4G
- This ROM - Stock ROM
1. Download the ROM and rename to PD15IMG.zip
2. Place PD15IMG.zip on the root of your SD card
3. Un-mount SD Card
4. adb shell
6. Now, run this command:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/misc.img
7. Mount your SD card
8. Copy misc.img from your SD card to your computer
9. Now open the misc.img on your computer in your Hex Editor
10. You should see something like:
11. Change that to:
12. Now save as miscnew.img
13. Unmount your SD Card now
14. Now in adb shell run this command:
dd if=/sdcard/miscnew.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
15. Power off your device
16. Now boot into Hboot by holding down "volume down + power"
17. The phone will scan for PD15IMG.zip and will ask you to flash it
18. Select Yes [DUH!]
You should now be downgraded from the 2.2.1 OTA back to stock 2.2!
I would like to note that this downgrades the HBoot/Bootloader, radio, system, data, amongst other partitions of your phone.
Also, since I downgraded, I have not received any notifications for the OTA as of 11/8/10.
This guide is a derivative of Apache14
's OTA and Radio downgrade guide for the T-Mobile G2: Here
Current Phones: HTC Dream(T-Mobile G1), Motorola CLIQ, HTC Glacier(T-Mobile MyTouch 4G)
Former Phones: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
ROMS-CLIQ: Eclair2CLIQ, Hero2CLIQ, Froyo2CLIQ
My Website and Blog: TravisJames.net <-- You can find all my guides, mods, and ROMs on my blog!
Use Twitter? Follow me on Twitter