Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HD7 contacts ( people hub) are not updating/sync with windows live contacts.

OP emesen

9th November 2010, 05:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Iam facing a strange problem with my HD7 since yesterday. I have made some addition and deletion in my windows live contacts. Now my HD7 is no longer reflecting/updating these changes. ( Previously HD7 was updating the contacts immidiatly).

Although I have kept my mobile phone's wifit on for several hours. Beside this I have access the hotmail account through HD7's internet explorer and have done a lot of surfing on my HD7 but still it has not updated the contacts. Am I missing some thing ?

Thanks.
9th November 2010, 09:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 32

849 posts
More
is it getting your emails fine still? i know it's a bit risky and will mean your changes will disappear but worst case scenario would be to remove your live account from windows phone and readd it again.
9th November 2010, 07:14 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
Same problem here
It happened to me just after I edited and merged some contacts on my Windows Live account.

Now I'm not able to get all my contacts there to my device and I lost all avatars but the ones of facebook.

I think I tried anything but stills not working

wp7 doesn't let you to remove ur main windows live account
10th November 2010, 06:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Smile
I found a strange & stupid kind of solution. I tired it 3 times and it worked.
Turn on the wifi. surf the market place and recomendedly install any free software. The problem will be fixed. All contacts will be updated.
10th November 2010, 10:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Cheshunt

5 posts
More
I've got similar issue. Contacts will be synced, but none of the contact pictures... Tried syncing over WiFi and 3G, no affect. Even tried to remove and add pictures to contacts on computer see what happens then... Nothing, contact pics wont be synced...
18th November 2010, 11:45 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Make sure your facebook account and windows live account are sync'd.
was having the same problem until i went to settings - email & accounts and sync'd facebook!
18th November 2010, 01:17 PM   |  #7  

11 posts
is there a manual way to force Facebook to sync with your contacts?

I have had a number of new Facebook friends added so I can link them with my phone contacts and get the pictures etc. It done this the first time but hasnt since.

May try logging out of the Facebook contacts bit and then reenter my credentials to try again
18th November 2010, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
i think a long press on the setting for the FB ...i'm pretty sure this is in the tip n tricks.
or at least on the list of tips on pocket-lint.com
19th November 2010, 12:18 AM   |  #9  

11 posts
awesome thanks mate!
19th August 2011, 08:17 PM   |  #10  

1 posts
taking about contacts I have dude , New contacts added to the cellphone how those contact get to the contacts in the email contacts because I made sync twice but the new contact that I added they are not in the account, any body knows how i can sync those new contacts thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread