Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP: How can i get WP7 Zune to show album/artist backgrounds?

Tip us?

yly3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK I will try to give a tip I learned from old iPod days. Only "adding" a cover isn't enough for a song to feature the artwork on ANY mp3 player . You need to somehow "incorporate" the cover in the metadata (I think this is how is called)

I suggest you guys try to add cover via Mp3Tag program (which is free and easy to use) and you should have no problems with covers in the future. I haven't received my HD7 yet but I am also a music enthusiast and I love having artworks on my player.

Hope this helps !

Graveworm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidebanks View Post
getting the album art isnt the problem, the problem is getting the Artist background working. some albums will only display the cover, when they should show both the cover AND the artist background. i have yet to try leaving my phone attached to the pc and leaving it on all night as this seems really silly. but will do it anyway.
Well, I managed that both is working!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8698.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	442297   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8697.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	442298  
Current devices: HTC7 Mozart & TOPAZ (MDA Compact V)

MrAlchemist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'd love to know if anyone in Australia has got this working? Playing a song from a well known artist when connected to WiFi didn't make any difference.

For the people that have it working outside the US or UK, do you have a Zune Pass or not?

I'm trying the leaving on and connected overnight, we'll see.....

Graveworm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlchemist View Post
I'd love to know if anyone in Australia has got this working? Playing a song from a well known artist when connected to WiFi didn't make any difference.

For the people that have it working outside the US or UK, do you have a Zune Pass or not?

Nope, no Zune Pass. But I read that right now only a few countries can use the Zune Musik. For example in Europe only UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany.

So I guess Australia is still non of the supported areas (yet).
Current devices: HTC7 Mozart & TOPAZ (MDA Compact V)

arturobandini
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by yly3 View Post

I suggest you guys try to add cover via Mp3Tag program (which is free and easy to use) and you should have no problems with covers in the future. I haven't received my HD7 yet but I am also a music enthusiast and I love having artworks on my player.
mp3tag is indeed a good soft.

Zune application is supposed to let you tag the album also (search info on the Album), but I would recommend everybody not to use it, since many information/tags from ZUNE are actually wrong or inaccurate. Most of the time ZUNE will replace the Artist name by the Composer name. Which is not good.

darkmurder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlchemist View Post

I have, using an Australian account does not work, however I use a US email account with fake US details (only downside is for now I can't buy apps as it refuses my credit card so it's a big toss up but I can live without apps and have the full Zune experience).

davidebanks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
grave worm, do you images look like these while playing? note album and background or in my case, lack of!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muse Fail.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	442330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neyo Passe.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	442331  

davidebanks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
by the way folks , do not have a zune pass and im still able to get some background so i dont think its needed. what might be helpful is if someone can show us what a properly tagged album should look like???

yly3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturobandini View Post
mp3tag is indeed a good soft.

Zune application is supposed to let you tag the album also (search info on the Album), but I would recommend everybody not to use it, since many information/tags from ZUNE are actually wrong or inaccurate. Most of the time ZUNE will replace the Artist name by the Composer name. Which is not good.
That was the also the problem of the iTunes. If you add it via Itunes it will only work on iPods/iPhone and not on other players while with Mp3Tag you are writing the cover in the mp3 data not puting a pic-stamp on it.

So has anyone elste tried what I suggested? Try to remove the non-working mp3s , use mp3tag , then sync them back. I am very curious

MrAlchemist
Old
(Last edited by MrAlchemist; 16th November 2010 at 02:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
My MP3 collection is very well tagged, using MP3Tag. I've also tried updating the data with Zune for an Album or two of really well known artists, still no backgrounds :|

I think there are 2 problems here.

A) You either live in Australia, or somewhere where Zune doesn't have the music experience yet, ie. we can only buy videos and apps, no music. so for whatever reason artist backgrounds don't work...

B) Tagging and sync issues listed above.

The background artist stuff really does make Zune, it'll be a shame if this doesn't get resolved soon....