Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did you buy HTC Surround?

Tip us?

msalmank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Did you buy HTC Surround?

Hi All,

Did anyone here purchase the HTC Surround? I'm seriously considering this phone over the HD7 due to its obvious better display... plus, i'm a huge sucker for good sound and granted that the phone doesn't have that much of a high standard output, but its reported to be better than most out there still...

So how do you think does it turn out? Is it worth it?

The main thing that i hate about this is the back cover... is it plastic? Easy to break? The other thing obviously is it not having in-ear headphones.

Regards.
Salman Khalid.

teoami
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought mine yesterday.

The back cover is actually nice imo. It is a soft rubberized feel. Overall the phone feels really sturdy. That is something I look for in phones. If I have to throw it at someone, I want it to hurt and not break :P.

As for the sound quality, don't expect huge desktop speaker sound from it, it won't happen. But they are much better than any other phone out there.

And the surround does come with earbuds with an inline remote and mic.
Current->HTC Surround WP7

Former->AT&T Fuze HardSPL: 1.90 Olinex Radio: 1.12.25.19 ROM: Energy Addict
Former-> LG Incite

See if you can beat me in a fight.
Fight me on MyBrute!

to allow me to better support you!

msalmank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoami View Post
If I have to throw it at someone, I want it to hurt and not break :P.
LMAO! Thanks for the response... i think i'm going to do eenie meenie miney mo on the HD7 and Surround and pick one of them!

XeNoMoRpH1030
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought one Monday and it was shipped out today apparently from TX. I'm tired of the emulator and I'm ready for the real deal!

msalmank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeNoMoRpH1030 View Post
I bought one Monday and it was shipped out today apparently from TX. I'm tired of the emulator and I'm ready for the real deal!
Good luck with that... i went ahead and ordered the HD7 today and expect to have if by next week... Super excited right now!

Decided to go with that 'coz i wanted more of a business-use phone - not that Surround isn't one either, but HD7 just seemed to make more sense... So i guess... best of luck to all of us!

XeNoMoRpH1030
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When it comes to business-use, I would think a full keyboard would be best, so the LG, Dell Venue, or the HTC that will eventually be on Sprint.

Aturayd
Old
(Last edited by Aturayd; 10th November 2010 at 08:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I bought the surround yesterday surprisingly. I was planning on the venue pro after the surround received less than stellar reviews, though it was actually going into the store and playing with one that made me decide to get it. The store also had a working focus, though the beautiful screen wasn't enough to pull me away from the better look and feel of the surround. Fortunately the screen doesn't easily slide. If there is one thing I will complain about on the surround is its viewing angle of the screen: if you look at it from 45* or so the colors look washed out but straight on it is fine. I'll have to see if that's enough to eventually turn me off of it, but ultimately it was the surprisingly good feel and the better coverage of at&t in my area that made the decision.

76flip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just ordered mine on Amazon for $99, coming from a Hero. played with the surround and the focus and didnt like how cheap the focus felt, plus even though the screen is nice and bright, it didnt look as smooth as the display on the surround. cant wait to start modding this phone.

msalmank
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Canceled my order of the HD7... Found the Mozart at a shop today and totally fell in love with it! Ended up buying it... It's been a really good day!

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by msalmank View Post
Canceled my order of the HD7... Found the Mozart at a shop today and totally fell in love with it! Ended up buying it... It's been a really good day!
is it a 3G Mozart? i can get one from Aussie with 3G 850 band, but it's about 800 bucks... i'm currently trying the Surround and - to my surprise - it's a pleasant surprise. i know that was a redundant statement. i will give it 2 weeks to see if it can displace my HTC Desire as a daily driver. i like having options and Windows Phone 7 is a viable option depending on your needs.. i know, that was a redundant statement as well.
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy