[UPDATED 24.03.2011] X10 Theme Reference

OP _calum_

17th December 2010, 01:33 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 102

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _calum_

OK

What else had you decompiled beforehand? I always get resource errors when decompiling mediascape...

My mistake so.
I've got errors to, i thought them could be repaired in recompiling.

I've changed my prior post.

Thanks
18th December 2010, 01:42 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Can someone explain how I go about rooting my x10 phone. I have all of the programs I need installed, and they're all running. I keep getting "Permission denied".

For example:

"adb shell dd if="/sdcard/tmp/z4root.1.3.0.apk" of="/z4root.1.3.0.apk"
/sdcard/tmp/z4root.1.3.0.apk: cannot open for read: Permission denied"
Last edited by If p then q; 18th December 2010 at 01:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to If p then q For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2010, 08:44 PM   |  #113  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tübingen, Germany
Thanks Meter: 61

488 posts
Looks like your sd card is mounted...
you can't mount the card if you're using adb.

Personally, I just copy apps using explorer and install them with root explorer, I only bother with adb for themes.
18th December 2010, 08:46 PM   |  #114  

18 posts
More
ADB will not recognize my phone... I've tried reinstalling several times, followed numerous steps, it just will not budge.

I've rooted my phone using these steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714004 and as far as I know my phone's been rooted. I'm not sure about step 16 though...

I don't know a ton about computers or phones, but I make up for it on the artistic/creative end with photoshop. I've replaced the semc_background in framework-res.apk\res\drawable-240dpi\ it's just a matter of actually replacing the framework currently on my phone...

By the way, do I have the semc_background.png file correct if I want to change the background of text messaging?

Some help please.
18th December 2010, 08:56 PM   |  #115  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tübingen, Germany

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by If p then q

ADB will not recognize my phone... I've tried reinstalling several times, followed numerous steps, it just will not budge.

What OS yre you using?

Quote:

I've rooted my phone using these steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714004 and as far as I know my phone's been rooted. I'm not sure about step 16 though...

To check if you've got root install titanium backup (it's a good idea to install this anyway) and it will tell you on starting if your phone is rooted.

Quote:

By the way, do I have the semc_background.png file correct if I want to change the background of text messaging?

Do you mean semc_bg.png? That changes the background in the settings, but I'm pretty sure the messaging app background is in a different apk. I've been meaning to do some more work on the resource locations on the first page, but haven't got around to it yet...
18th December 2010, 09:09 PM   |  #116  

18 posts
More
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Titanium is saying Root access => FAILED

The rooting steps I followed were clearly a waste of an hour, if titanium is being honest.

And the file I changed is framework-res.apk\res\drawable-240dpi\semc_background.png. Its a blue picture with waves. If you open a text message, this .png looks like the similar background. Also the pixel size (480x854) looks to be about right for a larger scale.

But anyways back to the issue, perhaps someone can put together a noob guide from rooting to changing files. I've followed about 15 links trying to figure this out, and its landed me here with a modified background and nowhere to put it. Or maybe a detailed tutorial for individual programs, so it's not adb mixed with rooting mixed with this link that may help and its been stolen from this link...
18th December 2010, 09:19 PM   |  #117  

18 posts
More
I'm trying to make a theme and I'll gladly put it on here if I can figure out how to make it work on my phone first lol...

Sample background I'm working with, try to picture it without the "anti-theft" white X on it

18th December 2010, 09:36 PM   |  #118  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tübingen, Germany

488 posts
looking good...

First thing to do is use z4root. Easy as - just copy it to your sd-card in explorer, unmount the card and install it using a file explorer (root explorer, estrong etc). You will need to make sure that you allow installing non-market applications in the phone settings (settings -> applications -> unknown sources).

After that, start z4root and hit the button

If you still have problems then it may be the drivers. I had a lot of driver problems on W7 x64. What did the trick was uninstalling seus and pc companion, checking if the phone was in the device manager, if so uninstalling it. Then scan for new hardware and use these drivers.
18th December 2010, 10:09 PM   |  #119  

18 posts
More
Quote:

looking good...

Thanks, hopefully I can put it on many other phones after I get it on my own.

I used z4root and it loaded fine. es trong is free so I used it. But nowhere on z4root's topic does he mention putting it on an sd card and using estrong to open it. So that's fail right from the get-go. Thanks for clearing that up.

I pressed permanent root, loaded, rebooted phone. I launched titanium and it still says Root access => FAILED.

The drivers you linked me are inexistent lol... What is SEUS and pc companion? And why would this effect me rooting my phone?
18th December 2010, 10:58 PM   |  #120  

18 posts
More
Okay went to that site, searched for the x10 drivers, found/downloaded them. They are up to date according to device manager.

Rooted phone using z4root - Yes
Downloaded up to date drivers for phone - Yes
Downloaded Android SDK/installer_r08-windows - Yes
Downloaded X10ModTool_v0.4.2 - Yes

1. Rooted phone
2. Updated phone's drivers
3. Installed Android SDK
4. Installed X10ModTool

I think I have everything I need to begin replacing files, don't I? Here's a pic of my device manager while my phone is plugged in and set to debug mode. Clicking Refresh is useless, I've tried. Any ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.1, themes, x10
Previous Thread Next Thread