Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 48,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to hard reset a Venue Pro?

Tip us?

Jim Coleman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default How to hard reset a Venue Pro?

Does anyone know how to hard reset a Venue Pro?

My understanding is that this is a required step after changing the SD card, as it forces the OS to set up the new card (in whatever arcane way it needs to) in order to start using it as storage.

New Venue Pro owners will want to know this.

Also, if anyone successfully manages to do this, and get their Venue Pro to recognise their SD cards, please let us know.

gshocker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
In the settings under about phone there is a reset option.. I am guessing that this would wipe the phone and re-setup.

Jim Coleman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshocker View Post
In the settings under about phone there is a reset option.. I am guessing that this would wipe the phone and re-setup.
I was talking about hardware buttons, but it seems it is...

Power off

Hold down CAMERA and VOLUME DOWN buttons

Press Power button whilst still holding the other two buttons down until it boots.

Se4nH4x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
"How to: Go to about phone, reset phone, say yes, wait for screen to turn off, pull battery, pull card, insert card, boot, go through welcome steps, enjoy"

- credits kltye

kltye
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se4nH4x View Post
"How to: Go to about phone, reset phone, say yes, wait for screen to turn off, pull battery, pull card, insert card, boot, go through welcome steps, enjoy"

- credits kltye
If you'd like to try, you can also try to pull card, insert new card, THEN do the hard reset. It sounds like that should work too.

1plus19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks this is really useful.

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kltye View Post
If you'd like to try, you can also try to pull card, insert new card, THEN do the hard reset. It sounds like that should work too.
you could try it this way. If you do though let me know first...odds are in favor of brick

Follow the other steps...work like a charm.
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

liyev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Coleman View Post
Does anyone know how to hard reset a Venue Pro?

My understanding is that this is a required step after changing the SD card, as it forces the OS to set up the new card (in whatever arcane way it needs to) in order to start using it as storage.

New Venue Pro owners will want to know this.

Also, if anyone successfully manages to do this, and get their Venue Pro to recognise their SD cards, please let us know.
have you successfully hard reset your dell venue pro? I am trying to hard reset, but have been stuck for a long time...

thanks

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyev View Post
have you successfully hard reset your dell venue pro? I am trying to hard reset, but have been stuck for a long time...

thanks
NO rumors here. There are NO HARDWARE HARD RESET BUTTON COMBINATIONS for the Dell. NONE.

the Camera, volume, up/down/Power is NOT a hard reset.

Only hard reset is available with Start, settings, About, Reset Phone....

Thats it. Anything else...as far as we know...is a misstatement. Other phones like The Focus or the HD7 do have HW button combinations...the Dell does not
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes
The Following User Says Thank You to alodar1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Igoran
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Sadly...
Have a DVP hardware buttons combintion to update firmware from PC when it can't boot OS? Like tri-color bootloader mode from HTC.
Or it doesn't have any hardware modes at all?
For example, if i change sd card and "something goes wrong" and it not boot with new or old sd card. It's bricked in that case?
Device: Dell Venue Pro 8Gb