FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How can i remove the battery to restart??

10th November 2010, 03:19 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello,
i tried to update my firmware. So i downloadet from samfirmware.com the new firmware and the odin-tool. Then i followed the steps are shown here: samfirmware.com/P1000%20how%20to%20flash.pdf
not the steps are shown in the video. But now i reached step "7" and it says i should remove the battery to restart. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

At this time, my galaxy tab restarted and i there is the whole time the start screen which says "Galaxy Tab .............. Samsung".

Can i switch the Tab manually off to reach the Download Mode again?

Thx a lot
 
 
10th November 2010, 03:20 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
press and keep pressing power button and vol down --> download mode

press and keep pressing power button --> restart tab
14th November 2010, 08:02 PM |#3  
cocoe68's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
You cam press power button for few seconds to power down. If you need to start 'download' mode, once you powered down device, press three button at same time, down+exit+power, it will appear download mode on screen.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
14th November 2010, 09:25 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
My US Tmo manual says "Note: You cannot remove the device's back cover and battery."

But the UK manual says:

• Handle and dispose of batteries and chargers with care
Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers specifically designed for your device.
• Incompatible batteries and chargers can cause serious injuries or damage to your device.r damage to your device.
______________
Altho it does not give instructions for replacing the battery...

So looks like US versions can't be replaced... at least by us.
14th November 2010, 11:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xexes

My US Tmo manual says "Note: You cannot remove the device's back cover and battery."

But the UK manual says:

Handle and dispose of batteries and chargers with care
Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers specifically designed for your device.
Incompatible batteries and chargers can cause serious injuries or damage to your device.r damage to your device.
______________
Altho it does not give instructions for replacing the battery...

So looks like US versions can't be replaced... at least by us.

UK people are smoking the hashish.
15th November 2010, 01:27 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS

UK people are smoking the hashish.

Ha.... they are both Samsung manuals! Tres bizarre.
12th July 2011, 01:56 PM |#7  
yamen.meddeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfotregosa

press and keep pressing power button and vol down --> download mode

press and keep pressing power button --> restart tab


Press and keep pressing power button and vol up --> Recovery mode
12th July 2011, 03:08 PM |#8  
chefdave12118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
Donate to Me
More
Wow. Delayed reaction.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
12th July 2011, 05:13 PM |#9  
dpaik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, NJ
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Beware of fw's from samfirmaware. They have locked bootloaders and youll permanently lock up ur device from installing custom roms and root.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
12th July 2011, 05:16 PM |#10  
btyork's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 217
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaik

Beware of fw's from samfirmaware. They have locked bootloaders and youll permanently lock up ur device from installing custom roms and root.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

This isn't entirely accurate... As a method/exploit has been created to unlock the bootloaders, and I'm fairly certain it works for any firmware with a locked bootloader... I could be wrong there too though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes