You have been warned
If you haven't updated to OTA (or can't because you deleted the faulty Google Googles) but still want the updated radio, you can apply the firmware.zip found in the latest OTA.
- Download and open the OTA (e4aaacea73af.OTA_Vision_TMUS_1.22.531.8-22.214.171.1241.1_release_signed.zip)
- Extract the 'firmware.zip' file out (to your desktop or some folder)
- Rename the 'firmware.zip' file you extracted to 'PC10IMG.zip'
- Copy (or move) PC10IMG.zip to the root of your G2 microSD card
- Charge your G2 to FULL battery
- Power off your G2
- Plug your G2 into AC power
- Boot into the G2 bootloader by holding VOL_DOWN and press POWER, continuing to hold VOL_DOWN until the bootloader screen appears
- Wait while it checks the PC10IMG.zip file
- Press VOL_UP to flash
- Press POWER to reboot (it actually turned my G2 off, and I had to turn it back on)
You will have the OTA radio without updating to OTA. Since the OTA didn't update the bootloader (SPL/HBOOT), you will still have S-OFF if you applied it before. You will need to re-flash a custom recovery if you had one before, as well as reapply Cyanogen's bacon-bits if you had applied this before.
I lost WiFi when rebooting into Android. I used RomManager to reflash ClockworkMod recovery, then rebooted into recovery to reflash Cyanogen's bacon-bits. This restored my WiFi.
OTA - T-Mobile nationwide OTA UPDATE
S-OFF - [GUIDE] Perma-root and S-OFF!!
ClockworkMod recovery - [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for G2
Bacon Bits - [ADDON] Vision BaconBits