Originally Posted by reukiodo
!!! ANY RADIO UPDATE COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE !!!
You have been warned
If you haven't updated to OTA (or can't because you deleted the faulty Google Googles) but still want the updated radio, you can apply the firmware.zip found in the latest OTA.
- Download and open the OTA (e4aaacea73af.OTA_Vision_TMUS_1.22.531.8-184.108.40.2061.1_release_signed.zip)
- Extract the 'firmware.zip' file out (to your desktop or some folder)
- Rename the 'firmware.zip' file you extracted to 'PC10IMG.zip'
- Copy (or move) PC10IMG.zip to the root of your G2 microSD card
- Charge your G2 to FULL battery
- Power off your G2
- Plug your G2 into AC power
- Boot into the G2 bootloader by holding VOL_DOWN and press POWER, continuing to hold VOL_DOWN until the bootloader screen appears
- Wait while it checks the PC10IMG.zip file
- Press VOL_UP to flash
- Press POWER to reboot (it actually turned my G2 off, and I had to turn it back on)
You will have the OTA radio without updating to OTA. Since the OTA didn't update the bootloader (SPL/HBOOT), you will still have S-OFF if you applied it before. You will need to re-flash a custom recovery if you had one before, as well as reapply Cyanogen's bacon-bits if you had applied this before.
erm flash radio through fastboot! you have that option now. why risk a brick?
in my opinion, better instructions would be.
2)using zip extra the OTA and find the radio.img file
3)Enter phone into fastboot mode (how you checked you had s-off and then using volume down navigate to fastboot)there may be a better way i own a desire hd
4)depending on how you have set up your SDK folder, i.e. if you have added path variables you can adb and fastboot from anywhere. so if that is the case(which is the correct way to set up sdk as mentioned on development site) you can fastboot the radio. all you do is CD to the directory in cmd/terminal i.e.
cd /home/user/Desktop/OTAEXTRACT [then press enter]
fastboot flash radio radio.img [enter]-without the space after the img ofcourse
and it will flash
but you as an OP should show the md5 checksum for the radio.img or even the zip once the user puts it on the SD CARD it should be checked they are not flashing a corrupt file.
you tried and it worked so post the md5sum up of the files