Here are the (possible) ones that have already been identified.
This thread is not aimed at being a place for WP7haters. On the contrary, the goal is to collect the possible bugs, even minor or rare, in order to make the OS even better in the future for the people who love WP7. Thank you for your understanding
NEW MANGO BUGS
* Keyboard bug: keyboard will suddenly disappear,
* Zune bug: Mango will freeze your phone at the end of a song [Remove battery]
* FM Radio bug: FM Radio will start on 87.5 (!)
* IE bug: Internet Explorer does not manage Multitask properly: if you press the back button then you will exit IE, instead of bringing you to the previous webpage visited (not logical)
* Alarm clock bug: sometimes the sound disappears
* Mango keyboard bug: Still no fix provided by MS. The keyboard disappears by itself and refuses to pop up.
* 16bit banding bug since NoDo [Mango shall fix it]
* TIME AND DATE CHANGE BY THEMSELVES (EVEN WHEN AUTOMATIC SETTING IS DISABLED) [if this also happens to you, please report here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-6032e69222da ]
* PHONE REBOOTS BY ITSELF (still not solved after NoDo: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=542)
* Automatic reboot of the phone and loss of all datas (rare) (Still not solved since NoDo: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=544)
* Pictures assigned to Live Tiles (people, pictures, etc) are very low resolution pictures http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-17c766572b6f
* Email notifications sound laggy/distorded: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-d4f96edf42d9
* Game Hub: in the Game Hub most icons are zoomed in and pixelated (concerns mainly non-Xbox live games)
* Very low resolution picture showing on the screen when a contact calls you
* Some annoying background hiss noise (right before a sound is played, which goes away shortly after that)
* Text: sometimes WP7 will capitalize the first letter of some words without any specific reason
* Weird icon appearing in the app list. See image: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5507/iconvbx.png
* Sound of Games will remain enabled even when phone is on Vibrate
* Volume varies: Listen to the FM radio and receive a phone call. After the call the volume of FM radio will be far lower. The workaround is weird: if you take a picture with the camera the volume of FM radio will increase again and come back to normal.
* Volume varies: If you listen to some music, take a picture and switch the camera to video mode then the volume of the music playback goes off for like less than a second and comes back a lot louder that before without changing the volume.
* Microphone may disable itself after use of bluetooth or plugging in headphones
* Alarms: Freezes when recurring alarm sounds and allowed to self quiet, when not plugged in. Does it everytime. Sometimes locks on dismiss screen, otherwise locks when dismissed
* Alarms: Phone may freeze on the passcode unlock screen when you dismiss the alarm (reboot necessary)
* Alarms: Sound issues after alarm sounding: No sound after alarms, vibration still works but no sound
* When an email contains a picture, it cannot be downloaded with Gmail on Windows Phone 7 (in HTML or RTF email format)
* The "Answer" button seems sometimes disabled when answering a call [rare]
* Charge via USB, it actually drains the battery/or does not charge it enough even though you just leave it on standby.
* Bug when you have exchange server with certificate from your internal CA (with imported Root CA in phone).
* While playing Video, the audio form that video is not routed via Bluetooth headset. Albeit this is basic function of BT when a device supports A2DP.
* WiFi automatically going to sleep: And you cannot chose in the Settings how wi-fi operates while in sleep/standby
* 3G: WP7 using 3G data unnecessarily: http://wmpoweruser.com/possible-wp7-...-unnecessaril/
* Wifi: WP7 sometimes unable to connect to password protected WiFi (WPA/WPA2 security)
* Wifi: WP7 fails to connect to hidden WiFi networks (known issue)
* Wifi: Issue with lockscreen: Wifi refuses to re-connect after it comes back from standby
* Wifi: After switching off Wifi, the phone will not connect over 3G (reboot necessary)
* Wifi: Wifi disconnects when phone is locked: absence of option to leave Wifi on even if phone is locked
* Bluetooth: Bluetooth works on Audio but fails on video (sound reverts to the speakers): http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-72f003fdeee9
* Bluetooth: Apparently Bluetooth not connecting well with all car systems: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-28ce0d561132
* Bluetooth: poor audio-quality when connecting the phone to various A2DP-capable devices
* Bluetooth: Notifications sounds disabled: when bluetooth on and connected to trying to connect to devices it disables notifications sounds.
* Bluetooth: No option to use only the headset part, or the stereo (A2DP) part, or both.
SYNC / EMAILS / PEOPLE / CALENDAR
* My Contact list reset? More info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961793
* Sync: Exchange ActiveSync Error Code: 85010013 Security Policies
* Sync: Error code 86000206 when synchronizing to Hotmail account
* Sync: WP7's calendar refuses to push to Google calendar
* Sync: Having a calendar entry (Google), change in reminder (add a reminder, change time etc) does not sync with the phone
* Sync: iCal calendar appointments received by email are not recognized, and cannot be added to the calendar
Only if you change something like description of that item, then everything will be sync', including reminder info.
* Sync: Issue when sync'ing all calendar items from Windows Live Custom domains account. After copying the appointements from Outlook to WL calendar using the Connector, the non-recurring appointements appear in the web calendar BUT do not show up on the phone (recurring appts show up fine).
* Sync: Some Facebook contacts are missing from People's Hub
* Facebook: bug with Facebook photos integration in the Photos hub. Suddenly the Facebook albums disappear after the user forces a manual sync to refresh the contact list
* Sync: Deleted people in Facebook still appear in the People Live Tile
* Sync: Hidden posts in Facebook still appear in the WP7 Facebook feed
* Video Sync: Error message when syncing a video from the phone to the collection "An unknown error occured. Error Code C00D11CD"
* Emails: bug in how WP7 connects with Exchange Server 2003 (which includes the service behind the Hotmail Exchange Activesync support). When email from such a server is forwarded the email is not included in an editable form, but rather as an .eml attachment
* Emails: Emails menu tends to start in 'landscape mode' by default (may be actually on purpose, many users find this annoying):
E.g. If the user takes the phone in his hand in portrait mode as the main tiled interface shows, and opens the messages or mail app, the content is in the landscape mode. User has to tilt the phone 45 degrees and wait for it to correctly switch to portrait.
* Emails: Emails fail to automatically display embedded images.
* Emails: Incorrect processing of Mailto URLs http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=57
* Emails: when a picture is attached. click on "download images" will come back "download incomplete", with no way to force the email to re-download (forward the email to urself may solve the issue)
* Emails: if attachement has some nonstandard spelling, email app will not display this attachement at all
* Contacts: contacts are sometimes duplicating several times for no apparent reason
* NEW Since Mango: Zune freezes at the end of a song and freezes the phone.
* NEW Since Mango: FM radio starts at 87.5 intead of last FM radio station selected.
* Zune crashes, then refuses to load (reboot necessary) (apparently solved since NoDo)
* Using Zune for music and Marketplace in the same time will very often lead Marketplace to crash (apparently solved since NoDo)
* Zune remains silent, even if the general volume is turned on (reboot necessary)
* Music is not paused when headphones are plugged out, during an incoming call. On cancelling the call, music just starts playing loudly on the speaker.
* Zune keeps on working but no display: the whole screen is totally black
* Zune does not always display the artist as background (which remains black)
* Zune does not always display the artist as background (which remains black) whereas the Artist's image actually exists and will only be displayed in the songs list or albums list
(Indeed, sometimes, Zune displays the Artist background when navigating through the Artist's albums and songs, but does not display any background when listening a song of this Artist)
* Sometimes Zune's background displays the artist of the preceding song /or the next song
* Zune software on PC messes up some Artists' tags, by mistakenly replacing the Artist name by the composer name (e.g. Smog becomes Bill Callahan, Moose becomes Russel Yates, My Bloody Valentine becomes Kevins Shields, etc.)
* The volume of Zune may vary (e.g. louder or quieter after receiving a phone call, or after a game)
* Zune sound quality: strangely there is always some background hiss noise
* Audio stuttering at the end of each track
* No sound while Zune player is running, other sounds still working (reboot solves the problem)
* Turn off the sound of certain games may possibly also turn off the sound in Zune [to be confirmed. (e.g. RocketRiot, Bye Bye Brain, Bejeweled may cause this)]
* All letters are "greyed out" in the Zune alphabetic search menu [may concern mostly German devices]
* Video Sync: Zune sometimes refuses to sync videos to the computer: Error message when syncing a video from the phone to the collection "An unknown error occured. Error Code C00D11CD",
* Search function: Zune search function will only look into the Marketplace and fails to browse your local own music collection to find a track.
* WP7 freezes during Maketplace scrolling (apparently solved since NoDo)
* Marketplace crashes, then refuses to load (reboot necessary) (apparently solved since NoDo)
* Pressing the back button sometimes only leads to a black screen (apparently solved since NoDo)
* Pressing the back button on an app’s details page takes the user back to the beginning of the list, who then have to scroll down again to where he was [BUG STILL HERE after NoDo]
* Error code c101a24b when trying to install or update applications (reboot necessary)
* App updates failing to download/install
* Upgrade process is more generally unreliable, with various error messages popping up
* Problems with updates: some apps' icon (e.g. Wikipanda) disappear (leaving just the star) after the update until you reboot or reinstall.
* Update of some specific apps failing due to "licensing problems" (IMDB, foursquare, Touchnote, Wipolo, some HTC apps)
* Setting are not saved.[STILL HERE after the NoDo update]
* IE will not delete URLs from history if they contain international characters
* Bug when editing a Favorite: If you edit a favorite, and the change is limited to changing the case of the favorite but not the actual words (for example, changing Engadget to engadget), then you get an error with inaccurate details that states: "Your phone doesn't have enough memory to save this favorite. Free up space by deleting some files or apps and try again." http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-75ab1812828b
BING / BING MAPS / GPS
* Bing Maps not working properly in several non-US contries (loading time, inacurrate position, blurry maps)
* Localization without GPS not working fine on 3G networks (apparently works better under 2G coverage)
* Current location as indicated by Bing Maps is wrong (e.g. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...4-895ae297ba9d )
* un-ability of Bing Maps (unlike Google Maps) to cache the map pictures and show them when no-data connection is available
* WP7 fails to play most m4a podcasts (despite m4a is in the list of Windows Phone supported media codecs) [may apparently be caused by images embedded in some m4a podcasts - same problem encountered on the Zune HD]
* Once the audio jack is unplugged the Voice Command may not work (reboot necessary) [mostly noticed on the Focus]
OFFICE / WORD
* Apparently, Words allows comments in new documents created with the device, but the comments are disabled in any imported docs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=352
* In Word after some time of using document selecting txt becomes impossible. You can just select one word but nothing more. Closing the doc and opening it again solves the problem.
* * *
MISSING FEATURES / DESIGN INCONSISTENCIES:
* No 'Forward' in IE
* When you write an email and want to attach a Word, Excel or powerpoint document, you cannot. Outlook only propose you to attach a picture !!!?
* IE: You cannot download anything from the IE browser
* Wifi: WiFi automatically going to sleep: And you cannot chose in the Settings how wi-fi operates while in sleep/standby
* Contact tiles which are pinned to the Start screen may randomly disappear
+ When you have the same contact in two places, like email and Facebook, WP7 may automatically link the two
* Email: no way to disable Email push notification at night !!!
* Contact: WP7 does not allow to search in People for company name
* Contact: Impossible to display company name or order by it
* Contact: No vcard support. Contacts cannot be forwarded by SMS or Email
* Calendar doesn't have provisions for every other week or every 3rd week for events
* Camera settings are not saved
* WP7 media player: Media Player does not allow user to skip to the part of the video he wants to watch by sliding finger along the time bar until he reaches the target moment. User is forced to press a seek button instead,
* Camera-shutter sound will remain enabled even when phone is on vibrate
* Alarms: If the earphones are plugged then alarm will not ring (alarm not reverted to speaker)
* Alarms: Alarms will ring even during phone calls, and the other side of call can also hear the alarm tune (!)
* Even when phone's passcode lock is activated the phone can still be turned off by holding down the power button
* Bluetooth: Bluetooth headset button long press and double press not supported (should allow voice commands via headset)
* Bluetooth: Bluetooth settings do not allow connection of headset as just a phone headset or just a stereo headphone (A2DP) set.
* YouTube videos embedded in Facebook/IE cannot be played [PLEASE SEE the workaround here (thanks to theOne):
- http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2010/12/...s-phone-7.html ]
* Emails: No way to save a picture included in an email (if the pic is included and not attached)
* Emails: Videos (even short ones) cannot be sent via Email
* Emails: WP7 refuses to let you edit the content of an Email before you forward it
* Sync: Office documents in Skydrive are not accessible from the WP7 device (absence of any integration in the WP7 Office Hub)
* Skydrive server unable to upload folders of documents
* Zune: No Flv, Avi Xvid support
* Zune: Music Search: the Zune search function will only look for music into the Marketplace and not even browse into your own music collection if you search for a specific song,
* Zune takes excessive time to convert some movie files
* Absence of scrubbing controls in the Zune player
* Zune does not allow the user to create and save playlists on the device
* Zune player does not allow downloading podcasts over the air (non sense)
* Marketplace: When you browse the application list, check one app then go back, often it will bring you back to the very top of the list
* Marketplace Search: on the Marketplace Bing cannot filter between apps and music etc. If you search for an app, Bing will display a bunch of other stuffs like album, artist, song etc. (solved since NoDo)
* IE Browser: No address bar in landscape mode
* IE favourites not syncing
* IE: When you tap and hold a link that is represented by a picture, you only get the picture menu pop up, i.e. you get the save picture to phone but no option to open the link in a new tab
* IE: End-user is unable to chose the default search engine (at the moment search engine is either set by the provider or imposed by MS, i.e. Bing)
* Bing: Vocal and local search not available in most European countries
* Bing: Absence of Bing Images, strangely left out
* Zune/podcasts: Zune does not allow to add or update podcasts directly from the phone
* Volume missing feature: no separate volume control: Turn Zune's volume up will also turn up the general volume (ringtone, messaging alerts, keyboard sound)
* No way to silence text message alerts when using headphones
* There is no batch delete option for pictures hub. Very annoying!
* Skydrive on the PC: you cannot select several pictures in the mean time. You have to delete them one by one!
* No USB mass storage
* No Bluetooth File Transfers
* No decent File Explorer
PS: Regarding design inconsistencies or WP7 missing features you can vote here: