Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REQ] Mod HFA activation to think phone is provisioned

OP suzook

12th November 2010, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370

1,700 posts
Wondering if a DEV could figure out how to think my epic has been provisioned for data on HFA? I have an epic working on verizon. The only way to get data working is sending an mms...this in turn makes the phone believe it has been provisioned, and data works. I have to do this on every reboot...I believe it is due to the HFA not telling the phone/rom it is activated. I currently have the HFA "frozen" using titanium, so i dont get the annoying popup. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.
Last edited by suzook; 12th November 2010 at 01:14 AM.
12th November 2010, 03:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
did you manually program the phone yourself? if so, then make sure the provisioning settings are set on a profile other than 0. If profile 0 is active, then i believe the phone is gonna try to sync with sprint servers
12th November 2010, 05:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,210

400 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...
12th November 2010, 05:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewX2

This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...

Easier than you can imagine. I have my Epic working on SERO also which isn't allowed either.

None of this can be discussed on this forum, however.
12th November 2010, 06:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

145 posts
More
Quote:

Lots o' questions...

He most likely changed his MEID to a that of a "donor" Verizon phone. It's illegal blah blah...
12th November 2010, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 497

2,471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobloat

Easier than you can imagine. I have my Epic working on SERO also which isn't allowed either.

None of this can be discussed on this forum, however.

4g working?
12th November 2010, 08:44 AM   |  #7  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,210

400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poryhack

He most likely changed his MEID to a that of a "donor" Verizon phone. It's illegal blah blah...

I've heard of this, but I believe its rarely practiced (and extremely difficult).
12th November 2010, 02:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso

4g working?

Nope, 4G is an entirely different beast. I'm happy with an Epic with 3G tho... for 30$ a month.
12th November 2010, 05:27 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

145 posts
More
Quote:

I've heard of this, but I believe its rarely practiced (and extremely difficult).

I can't speak for the difficulty of changing providers (as that involves a bit more then just "cloning" the phone) but judging by the fact that at least 3 people in this thread have messed with their MEID I have to disagree on its rarity. It might seem rare because the laws are supposedly stricter on this then, say, warez...
12th November 2010, 07:03 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370

1,700 posts
Thanks for hijacking my thread guys.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread