Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Mod HFA activation to think phone is provisioned

Tip us?

suzook
Old
(Last edited by suzook; 12th November 2010 at 12:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Default [REQ] Mod HFA activation to think phone is provisioned

Wondering if a DEV could figure out how to think my epic has been provisioned for data on HFA? I have an epic working on verizon. The only way to get data working is sending an mms...this in turn makes the phone believe it has been provisioned, and data works. I have to do this on every reboot...I believe it is due to the HFA not telling the phone/rom it is activated. I currently have the HFA "frozen" using titanium, so i dont get the annoying popup. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.

david7586
Old
Thanks Meter 5
did you manually program the phone yourself? if so, then make sure the provisioning settings are set on a profile other than 0. If profile 0 is active, then i believe the phone is gonna try to sync with sprint servers

drewX2
Old
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...
Certified Phone Addict
Current work: Oppo Find5 [AOSP/CM10.1], HTC DNA [CM10/10.1]
Devices: Galaxy S4, Oppo Find5 , HTC DNA, Google Nexus 4, Sony XPERIA Z

If you're feeling generous, you can donate to my energy drink fund @ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=H58EERYWV6RT2 or to the CyanogenMod team that does so much work to AOSP

nobloat
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewX2 View Post
This is a bit OT, but how did you get it working on Verizon? I don't mean programming wise, rather them allowing the ESN on the network? Is Verizon more lax than Sprint? Is there a similar workaround to get Verizon phones on Sprint?

Lots o' questions...
Easier than you can imagine. I have my Epic working on SERO also which isn't allowed either.

None of this can be discussed on this forum, however.

Poryhack
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Lots o' questions...
He most likely changed his MEID to a that of a "donor" Verizon phone. It's illegal blah blah...

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobloat View Post
Easier than you can imagine. I have my Epic working on SERO also which isn't allowed either.

None of this can be discussed on this forum, however.
4g working?

drewX2
Old
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poryhack View Post
He most likely changed his MEID to a that of a "donor" Verizon phone. It's illegal blah blah...
I've heard of this, but I believe its rarely practiced (and extremely difficult).
Certified Phone Addict
Current work: Oppo Find5 [AOSP/CM10.1], HTC DNA [CM10/10.1]
Devices: Galaxy S4, Oppo Find5 , HTC DNA, Google Nexus 4, Sony XPERIA Z

If you're feeling generous, you can donate to my energy drink fund @ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=H58EERYWV6RT2 or to the CyanogenMod team that does so much work to AOSP

nobloat
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
4g working?
Nope, 4G is an entirely different beast. I'm happy with an Epic with 3G tho... for 30$ a month.

Poryhack
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I've heard of this, but I believe its rarely practiced (and extremely difficult).
I can't speak for the difficulty of changing providers (as that involves a bit more then just "cloning" the phone) but judging by the fact that at least 3 people in this thread have messed with their MEID I have to disagree on its rarity. It might seem rare because the laws are supposedly stricter on this then, say, warez...

suzook
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Thanks for hijacking my thread guys.