Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.
- Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.
- Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.
- Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
- Optical trackpad unlock/wake.
- Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.
- Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).
- IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.
- Updated versions of all Market-available apps.
- All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.
- Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.
- Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.
- Disabled boot animation audio.
- Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.