Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Tip us?

masterismos
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by macieja51 View Post
still can't download rom??
2 posts before press this

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Giving this rom a run. Was getting bored with g lite. Only problemi see is the mms. Pics come in small and wont allow to send over 300kb. Any fix for this? Runs pretty good for sense on the g2.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

monomer888
Old
(Last edited by monomer888; 15th January 2012 at 10:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike102871 View Post
Giving this rom a run. Was getting bored with g lite. Only problemi see is the mms. Pics come in small and wont allow to send over 300kb. Any fix for this? Runs pretty good for sense on the g2.

For sending larger MMS, try RMK's CWM-flashable fix. (Attached to this post for convenience.)

To fix receiving small mms, that's a different kettle of fish that involves messing with the MMS UA. On Sense ROMs, simply replacing MMS.apk with another doesn't work and it seems to be provisioned on first boot somewhere in the data partition. The fix that's worked for me in the past requires a factory reset though. (I would advise a nandroid backup before trying in case it doesn't work.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip rmk-mmsfix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (738.0 KB, 22 views)
monomer888
I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings and I hate people like that! -- Tom Lehrer

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat, BTU N9005XXUENB7)
--
Samsung Galaxy Note (rooted, N7000XXLRT firmware)
--
European HTC Touch Pro 2 // Energy.RHODIUM.29020.Sense2.5.Apr.26 (WM 6.5.x) Pagepool: 20Mb (Default) // Radio: 4.49.25.94

The Following User Says Thank You to monomer888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Flashed the sense 3 lockscreen. Liking it. Not too much lag in this rom. Is there a flash to use 2g and 4g vs e and h icons. Mines mostly E and i hate that.
If anyone has a fix for receiving mms in thumbnail size when they are not sent that was please post. Went through alot of pages, but theres justway too many.
What other ways to speed up? OCd at12-15 with screen on.

mike102871
Old
(Last edited by mike102871; 16th January 2012 at 02:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeliest View Post
long press the msg, save it, then view it with gallery..
Anyone find a fix for small mms. Done alot of searching and read a lot of suggestions. They all seem to be dead end. Loving this rom but cant stay on it with micro sized mms pics. Had this same problem on an old moto v66 with european rom and a moto zine when i flashed custom european roms.

blast0id
Old
(Last edited by blast0id; 16th January 2012 at 02:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Anyone find a fix for small mms. Done alot of searching and read a lot of suggestions. They all seem to be dead end. Loving this rom but cant stay on it with micro sized mms pics. Had this same problem on an old moto v66 with european rom and a moto zine when i flashed custom european roms.
download one of the other virtuous roms, unity or affinity, open the zip for this rom and navigate to /system/etc/init.d, now open the unity or affinity rom zip and navigate to the same folder, now drag from the unity/affinity rom zip this file: 91-fix-contact-pics and drop it in the virtuous 2.0 zip, if you're using 7zip (recommended) to do this it will ask you yes/no/cancel just hit yes and then close the zip and copy it to your sd and flash as normal... that should take care of it =)

edit: or see the post just above yours for a fix, click here

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

kaijura
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1816
If you really want to, you can pull the mms.apk from a CM7 7.0.3 build. You can have all the settings of CM7's SMS.

The only downside is that I have experienced it'll soft force-close only on MMS if you try to share a picture by the gallery or whatever. You have to manually hit settings, attach the file in the text box to send a MMS.

other than that, SMS works great.

Before you try it, mms.apk 7.1.0 doesn't work.
Code:
Mako E960 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Maguro SC-04D 4.3 JLS36G - OmniROM Unofficial - Maguro i9250M 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Homemade - Razor 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Grouper 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Has anyone donethis? I've not done anything like the last 2 posts suggested. Probably try it sometime this week . My only real time to play around witht this stuff is weekend afternoons. So if anyones already done it and can post the zip or pm it? Had to restore my glite backup for now.

Sent from my Mikes HTC G2 with Google using xda premium

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS View Post
download one of the other virtuous roms, unity or affinity, open the zip for this rom and navigate to /system/etc/init.d, now open the unity or affinity rom zip and navigate to the same folder, now drag from the unity/affinity rom zip this file: 91-fix-contact-pics and drop it in the virtuous 2.0 zip, if you're using 7zip (recommended) to do this it will ask you yes/no/cancel just hit yes and then close the zip and copy it to your sd and flash as normal... that should take care of it =)

edit: or see the post just above yours for a fix, click here
. That little flash zip above does nothing for receiving small mms just allows sending larger ones.

Sent from my Mikes HTC G2 with Google using xda premium

monomer888
Old
(Last edited by monomer888; 16th January 2012 at 08:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
. That little flash zip above does nothing for receiving small mms just allows sending larger ones.
I did reference a fix for receiving small MMS that worked for me in the second paragraph of the post. The link to it, for the sake of clarity, is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6296

Unfortunately, this requires a factory reset (i.e. wiping the data partition) and you'll have to set everything up from scratch again, which is why I recommended a nandroid backup so you can restore the data partition if it doesn't work. Whether it will work or not is also dependent somewhat on your mobile carrier.
monomer888
I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings and I hate people like that! -- Tom Lehrer

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat, BTU N9005XXUENB7)
--
Samsung Galaxy Note (rooted, N7000XXLRT firmware)
--
European HTC Touch Pro 2 // Energy.RHODIUM.29020.Sense2.5.Apr.26 (WM 6.5.x) Pagepool: 20Mb (Default) // Radio: 4.49.25.94

Tags
froyo, gingerbread, htc sense, sense 2.1