Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adventures in trying to get Phone calls

Tip us?

shollywood
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xexes View Post
Actually, they have been able to get voice AND data... but data only at 2G speeds.... that is the problem.
Thanks..I meant 3G

Alcibiade
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood View Post
I meant out of the box. People keep saying there are rumours that this provider will allow it, etc. They are just that, rumours!
I don't underestimate anybody. That's why I'm here, to learn and help in any way I can.
So spare me your childish remarks and read the whole thread before posting stupid things like this.
1. When reading several of your posts (which I did, you can see I answered you in several threads), you make no sense and you are definitely not talking "out of the box"
2. Your answer is disrespectful, mine was factual. Try to control yourself before calling people stupid or childish
3. I don't see where you've been helpful, while I clearly see you've been speaking while not knowing what you were talking about, making definitive assertions where we're still doing research

gehzumteufel
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsblues View Post
If anyone can grab the modem.bin from the stock T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab, then we can drop it on top of the JK1 ROM and hopefully get 3G back.

Post it here if you have it.

If its like the Vibrant, then I can create an Odin tar file to flash.

cjsblues
Everyone that is still stuck on Edge, needs to do this. cjsblues has the EXACT reason you guys are having issues (with TMO) tabs not getting on 3g. You have the WRONG modem.

Someone with a stock tab, needs to copy/dump the modem binary and then you need to load this to enable the proper radio operation.

dalethefarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehzumteufel View Post
Everyone that is still stuck on Edge, needs to do this. cjsblues has the EXACT reason you guys are having issues (with TMO) tabs not getting on 3g. You have the WRONG modem.

Someone with a stock tab, needs to copy/dump the modem binary and then you need to load this to enable the proper radio operation.
Sounds like that might work. Please link on how to do this, I'm thinking of getting one by the end of this week.

maxtcee
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:

I tried to do this as well as dumping the stock Rom but with no success as I dont really have alot of knowledge with Android or hacking but if someone would post a simple how to step by step hopefully we can get this done

TurckBoatTruck
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Yeah, I'm an idiot... where is the modem file? ("modem.bin" I assume?) Looked all over my Tab and couldn't find it.

And on a similar tangent, is there a way to browse the root filesystem via PC when the Tab is connect to the PC?

dalethefarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
I tried to do this as well as dumping the stock Rom but with no success as I dont really have alot of knowledge with Android or hacking but if someone would post a simple how to step by step hopefully we can get this done
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurckBoatTruck View Post
Yeah, I'm an idiot... where is the modem file? ("modem.bin" I assume?) Looked all over my Tab and couldn't find it.

And on a similar tangent, is there a way to browse the root filesystem via PC when the Tab is connect to the PC?
Use adb shell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohammer View Post
Code:
Select Code
adb shell
Now you're executing commands on the phone:

Code:
Select Code
su
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/bml1.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml2 of=/sdcard/bml2.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/bml3.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/bml4.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml5 of=/sdcard/bml5.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml6 of=/sdcard/bml6.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml7 of=/sdcard/bml7.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml8 of=/sdcard/bml8.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml9 of=/sdcard/bml9.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml10 of=/sdcard/bml10.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml11 of=/sdcard/bml11.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/bml12.dump bs=4096

tar -zcvf  /sdcard/firmware.tar.gz /sdcard/bml*.dump
exit
Now you're back on your computer, time to pull the firmware over:
Code:
Select Code
adb pull /sdcard/firmware.tar.gz .

dalethefarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default [HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide)

[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=1

beestee
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalethefarmer View Post
[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=1
That is some great information for android noobs like me!

calin75
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:

That's been done already. If you have the euro firmware installed in a T-Mobile tab, and then you load the T-Mobile modem, your tab will regain 3G but won't make phone calls anymore.

I know, it sucks!