Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Focus doesnt find wireless-n network!!

Tip us?

lungothrin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Focus doesnt find wireless-n network!!

On the specs it says the phone supports wireless n (802.11n), but when i go to settings and search for networks it wont show my local wireless n network, is it the phone or just wp7 that currently doesn't support wireless n?!

foxbat121
Old
Thanks Meter 198
No problem with wireless N here. But WP7 doesn't support hidden networks. Make sure your wireless network is visible. Also not clear is whether or not the phone can connect to 5GHz band.

Paolo01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lungothrin View Post
On the specs it says the phone supports wireless n (802.11n), but when i go to settings and search for networks it wont show my local wireless n network, is it the phone or just wp7 that currently doesn't support wireless n?!
This is one of those unusual known software issues. The phone is capable of n, but the mediocre wifi software/interface the the phone is packaged with has no options to enable it. This is set to be a first round fix. Chalk this up there with the no hidden SSID's support right now.

There is no good reason as to why your phone cannot do this now and you probably could go into the diagnosis panel and figure it out, but that is not the users responsibility.

MS must have a great reason, but it is not readily apparent.
Windows Phone 7
Samsung Focus

cwiley2566
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah my router does 2.4ghz G & N plus 5ghz N; so it connects but it would be nice to know what it is connecting at. I am sure it doesn't do 5ghz because that ssid is not found as an option but it would be nice to know it is connecting to the N 2.4 and not the G.

tonyfreak215
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It doesn't support 5ghz N. I had to change my router back to 2.4.

foxbat121
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfreak215 View Post
It doesn't support 5ghz N. I had to change my router back to 2.4.
Or you can just let it connect to 2.4 11g instead. There is no benefit for it to be in 11n other than burn your battery faster.

lungothrin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My router is set on 5ghz wireless n, so i guess that's why the phone cant show the ssid.