5,600,182 Members 39,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Connecting Galaxy tab to Ad hoc Network?

Tip us?

ellokomen
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
it does not surprise me that the P1010 won't work with the moded wpa_supplicant found here. I have the sprint version and a few updates ago samsung and sprint disabled the possibility to connect an ad-hoc to the tab.

maybe they did the same to the P1010

it's a shame that the ipad can connect/tether even to a blackberry using bluetooth and samsung is still stuck on whether ad-hoc is allowed or not
SE Z310 -> MT t191->BB 8820 -> HTC Touch Pro -> BB 8820 ->SE X10i -> SE X10a -> Samsung Galaxy SII-> Nokia Lumia 920

Nokia Lumia 920 Black
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 ICS

supersurferlarry
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellokomen View Post
it does not surprise me that the P1010 won't work with the moded wpa_supplicant found here. I have the sprint version and a few updates ago samsung and sprint disabled the possibility to connect an ad-hoc to the tab.

maybe they did the same to the P1010

it's a shame that the ipad can connect/tether even to a blackberry using bluetooth and samsung is still stuck on whether ad-hoc is allowed or not
? Was anyone able to fix the sprint version of Sgt? Do I think someone in time will be able to hack the Sgt p1010 to work with ad hoc?

donetus
Old
Thanks Meter 34
but isn't this an Android OS "problem"?? this is also the same thing that happens on my x10 mini pro.

if this is the case, then shouldn't the OS do the fix for us?
SE X10 Mini Pro (GingerDX) -> Samsung Galaxy S II (Stock ROM - XILA2) -> Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105 (Stock ROM/Root)

Nixlen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Worked for me.. thank you.

onlymeandyd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy Tab (P1010) and wpa_supplicant issue

Hi Vixlen,
Glad that it worked for you...can you share what you did differently if anything?
Also, please confirm that you've got the P1010 (Wifi only version)?
Regards,
Andy

onlymeandyd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Oops

Sorry, that should have said Nixlen!

cx5
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Default only worked ONE time

Hi guys

I've got a strange problem. Using method from thread_1, can see the notebook's WIFI transmitting OUT, the "ad-hoc" word appears on SGT, hoo-ray!!!

But, stuck at FINDING-IP.... looping none-stop.

After many days of trying, finally WORKED ONE TIME, so beautifully !!!!

now in FINDING-IP... looping none-stop.

Any tips as to what went wrong and what went right?

Notebook is IBM Thinkpad Lenovo T60 Genuine Win7 Enterprise fresh install.

Thanks in advance for advice to come!!!

emilehong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been following all the threads and done as most advised. I have the GT-P1010 model (wifi only). It doesn't work. Wifi would not turn on with the new wpa_supplicant file.

bthoven
Old
Thanks Meter 22
The well-known wpa_supplicant won't work with p1010.

Go to Market and install the free zt-180, by this free app, you can switch between adhoc and normal wifi. It does work for me on iPhone 3gs+Mywi tethering with p1010.

Sent from Galaxy Tab Wifi using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bthoven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Malicieux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
The well-known wpa_supplicant won't work with p1010.

Go to Market and install the free zt-180, by this free app, you can switch between adhoc and normal wifi. It does work for me on iPhone 3gs+Mywi tethering with p1010.

Sent from Galaxy Tab Wifi using Tapatalk
This worked perfectly for me with SGT P1010 via wifi router on HTC Diamond Just set the Diamond's wifi router SSID, security type WEB and the password for the adhoc network it creates in the settings of zt-180 (while it is set to infrastructure mode), then switched to adhoc and it connects to the adhoc network. Cheers
Panasonic GD-93 -> Samsung u600 -> Samsung i710 -- PDA/Phone: i710XEGF2 @ WM5 -> HTC Touch Diamond -> Samsung Galaxy Tab (P1010) @ Stock 2.3.5 & Samsung Galaxy S2 @ Wannam Lite & Asus Nexus 7 2013 @ Stock 4.4.2 + ElementalX 2.6 kernel

Tags
ad hoc network, galaxy tab, wifi