Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do You Notice Better App Performance?
Yes! 176 71.84%
No 69 28.16%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

[APP] Revised- Angry Birds!!! 1.4.2

Tip us?

theimpaler747
Old
(Last edited by theimpaler747; 16th November 2010 at 10:15 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] Revised- Angry Birds!!! 1.4.2

Ok guys, I said I would look into improving Angry Birds and I did All ads are gone, and I optimized the app for better performance! Enjoy everyone, let me know what you think of it!!!! Also, please vote in the poll if you can! Thank you

Thanks to: Creators of the game!

Link down as requested by developers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theimpaler747 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theimpaler747
Old
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Reserved!!!!!!!!!!!

Dassin4
Old
Thanks Meter 12
It definitely seems to play better, but is still choppy enough for me to have a really hard time playing it :/ It's nice to have the ads gone also. If they release a paid version that works smoothly without ads, it would be a real winner.

Awesome improvement, though! Thanks!

theimpaler747
Old
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassin4 View Post
It definitely seems to play better, but is still choppy enough for me to have a really hard time playing it :/ It's nice to have the ads gone also. If they release a paid version that works smoothly without ads, it would be a real winner.

Awesome improvement, though! Thanks!
No problem, glad it's better and that you like it This is probably the best we'll be able to get it to run on the hero with the hardware unfortunately, but at least it's better than before
The Following User Says Thank You to theimpaler747 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dassin4
Old
Thanks Meter 12
While this may be the best we get, it just seems odd that that is the case. I mean, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on my hero, and Angry Birds is not it :P It just seems like a lazy port to me. I've been playing Pandas Vs. Ninjas and it plays flawlessly.

It just seems to me that Rovio could make this much more accessible by reworking the animations, textures, etc. to work on more devices. This is not that complex of a game :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Dassin4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theimpaler747
Old
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassin4 View Post
While this may be the best we get, it just seems odd that that is the case. I mean, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on my hero, and Angry Birds is not it :P It just seems like a lazy port to me. I've been playing Pandas Vs. Ninjas and it plays flawlessly.

It just seems to me that Rovio could make this much more accessible by reworking the animations, textures, etc. to work on more devices. This is not that complex of a game :P
True, and when the app gets updated I'll update the Impaled version as well
The Following User Says Thank You to theimpaler747 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fyoolie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's definitely better than the recently updated version, still choppy tho. Like Dassin said, I think they were just lazy. Hopefully with enough complaints Rovio will get it in gear. And thanks for making changes Impaler, I'll keep downloading your copy just so I don't have to put it in airplane mode to get rid of ads!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fyoolie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ranger61878
Old
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
Seems to play better...but the Hero is too hardware limited to run it perfectly. Removed it from my phone and will stick with the iPod version to not waste time on my phone

Good work, Impaler.

Sent from the XDA App on my FroYoed Sprint Hero...so forgive possible typos

theimpaler747
Old
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyoolie View Post
It's definitely better than the recently updated version, still choppy tho. Like Dassin said, I think they were just lazy. Hopefully with enough complaints Rovio will get it in gear. And thanks for making changes Impaler, I'll keep downloading your copy just so I don't have to put it in airplane mode to get rid of ads!
Yeah, no problem When they update, I will to, and I guarantee you my version will always be better than theirs

theimpaler747
Old
Thanks Meter 2,671

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger61878 View Post
Seems to play better...but the Hero is too hardware limited to run it perfectly. Removed it from my phone and will stick with the iPod version to not waste time on my phone

Good work, Impaler.

Sent from the XDA App on my FroYoed Sprint Hero...so forgive possible typos
Thanks man, at least I got it running smoother!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe