Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] US Tmobile Galaxy Tab flashed to make phone calls

Tip us?

Jyveafk
Old
(Last edited by Jyveafk; 20th November 2010 at 03:33 AM.) Reason: New info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [GUIDE] US Tmobile Galaxy Tab flashed to make phone calls

As mentioned in;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=837266
in case it got lost at the end, we now have the US TMobile Galaxy Tab making/receiving phone calls.

Download Odin3 v1.70
to flash.

Used;
P1_20100909.pit
for formating. Selected 'Repartition' 'AutoReboot' 'fResetTime'. That rebooted with nothing apparently working but the filesystem structure was setup.

Download P1000XXJHA
for the base rom.

Then, unchecked the 'repartion' part (as the structure is setup, don't want to screw it up, the next flashing needs to 'drop in' where the structure is.

Then, loading into the JHA.rar just downloaded, flash that and reboot.

To update to latest;
download and flash;
P1000OXAJK1.tar

Pop in your SIM.

At this point, reboot. It'll probably show 'Emergency Calls only'
Went into the wireless/Mobile Settings/NetworkOperators and made sure it was connected to TMobile.
At that point, I made my first call and it worked.
Received a call too, also working.

Good luck. If there's an easier way todo this, I'm all ears as I had a few moments of 'uh oh, why's it now showing anything' but the fantastic forum posts here with people having the same problem resolved that.
Only working on Edge at this time also.

No idea how later updates will work too, so caveat emptor.

*Edit. Further adventures.
So, now having the euro stuff on to make calls, but having the issues, wanted to try a few things. Put the US Tmobile back on to get 3g but lose voice.
Firing up a call, logs showing;
[ 11-19 19:11:19.179 2578:0xa12 D/GSM ]
Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 home T-Mobile T-Mobile 310260 (manual) UMTS CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1EmergOnly: false] newSS=[0 home T-Mobile T-Mobile 310260 (manual) UMTS CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1EmergOnly: false] oldGprs=0 newGprs=0 oldType=UMTS newType=UMTS

[ 11-19 19:11:19.179 2578:0xa12 D/GSM ]
[GsmMultiDCT] GSMDataConnTrack handleMessage { what=29 when=46864 }

[ 11-19 19:11:19.242 2578:0xa12 D/GSM ]
[GsmMultiDCT] Get PreferredAPN

[GsmMultiDCT] Clean up connection due to apnChanged

[GsmMultiDCT] setState: DISCONNECTING

[GsmMultiDCT] cleanUpConnection: teardown, call conn.disconnect

Interesting the error message shows it's APN. Leads me to (wildly) guess that a new radio COULD be worked out, but also the carriers could send out an update message to allow it to work without other upgrades. If so, then there may be an 'enable switch' we can use to get it working too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jyveafk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xexes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Absolutely awesome!! Thanks so much for working all this out... I'm going to try to make my way through this tomorrow...

Cyberhighfive!

tacoda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Amazing! Now i gotta learn how to use odin. Hope someone can fix the radio part. Edge is kinda slow on US Tmo.

Good job btw!

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

dweidman
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Great job - I love XDA. I'm seriously considering this now. :)

Wonder where naysayer Shollywood is now?

-D

rpmbnsf
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweidman View Post
Great job - I love XDA. I'm seriously considering this now. :)

Wonder where naysayer Shollywood is now?

-D
he is prob cowering/crying in a corner clutching his ipad

and just so you know i also have an ipad. . . .but not for long. . .ebay here it comes! I have never been more happy with an electronics purchase than with this tab. it just works the way i expect it to in both work and play , i know sooner or later there wil be something better to replace it but for now (especialy with the addition of phone to the US ones) no other tablet comes close.

XDA you are awesome!

cjsblues
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anyone have the stock T-Mobile US modem file?

If anyone can grab the modem.bin from the stock T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab, then we can drop it on top of the JK1 ROM and hopefully get 3G back.

Post it here if you have it.

If its like the Vibrant, then I can create an Odin tar file to flash.

cjsblues

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Anyone tried to force wcdma through *#*#197328640#*#* and play with bands through those menues ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

feisley
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a GT-P1000 from Germany in the US.

I tried the manual band selection with the European firmware with my T-Mobile SIM and failed to connect to 3G. I tried every combination with no success.

3G for my AT&T SIM does work fine however.

infamousjax
Old
Thanks Meter 26
any luck of getting cdma devices to be able to call?
I'm your right-hand man but my schemes are left handed. I've got the world on my shoulders, a monkey on my back, my head in the clouds, and my ear to the ground. I've got stars in my eyes, my eyes on the prize, and my nose to the grindstone. A baby face, a glass jaw, a dirty mouth, a harelip, a silver tongue, and a deep throat. I'm long in the tooth and my hairline is receding. I gotta get this off my chest. I can't stomach it when my gut feeling is wrong.

calin75
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I just unlocked my tmobile tab and is working with ATT!!!! I can make calls and receive calls with my ATT SIM card. I cant seem to connect to 3G though.