Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Galaxy Tab Network Unlock

Tip us?

difo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Kudos to smithdc for this awesome guide! I saved a lot of money thanks to him. Congrats again.

smithdc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump, is there any way to sticky/pin this for people?

maxtcee
Old
Thanks Meter 68
So your saying if I use this method and install my tmous unlimited sim I can get calls and 3g or do I need a prepaid sim

smithdc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure on how T-Mobile are blocking, but if it IS my IMEI then you would have to use a SIM from a different network.

If they are blocking your IMEI on their network, then you would have to use a SIM from a different network (as a different network, wouldn't be blocking this IMEI number). Changing it to a different SIM on the same network won't help as your IMEI is for the device itself.

rpmbnsf
Old
(Last edited by rpmbnsf; 16th November 2010 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
I just want to clarify something..

I have a T Mobile Tab and want to use a SIM I have for ATT.

Will I have to flash my device with the EU firmware first in order to get the phone software on it..then do the rest of the unlocking steps?

Assuming thats correct..after unlocking it I then can put my ATT sim card in and it should work for calls and data (Edge only) with not having to tweak any setting at all? Or do I have to set up my wap.cingular connections for the data like on a WM phone on ATT?

And if I want to get back to original out-of-the-box firmware from T Mobile (like if I had to send it in for repair) I just have to flash stock T Mobile firmware and its back completely to original?

Thanks..and wow am I loving this TAB !!!

Croak
Old
Thanks Meter 228
You'll need to set up your APN data for AT&T, yes.

rpmbnsf
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for the fast reply. As for the flashing of the EU rom..is that the only/best way so far in order for me T Mobile Tab to get the radio software on it. I was thinking I saw an APK for the radio software someplace but did not know what way was better.

I just want to be 100% sure bfr I take the jump to unlocking and playing with the phone part

thanks

xoltrix2000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I got a quick couple of questions:

1. If I restore original firmware (Canadian), does it relock my phone?
2. Where can I get the Canadian firmware release? I see EURO and US, but no Canadian.

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
I read on one of the other threads that sim unlock method also changes your imei number. Is this really case?
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

rotohammer
Old
Thanks Meter 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
I read on one of the other threads that sim unlock method also changes your imei number. Is this really case?
Yes, it will set your IMEI to a bogus one that will get your T-Mobile internet access disabled after 1/2 hour.
-Rotohammer
T879 Note on T-Mobile
Do not quote my entire first post in a reply!