Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can I find the T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab Stock Firmware/ROM?

Tip us?

cjsblues
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Where can I find the T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab Stock Firmware/ROM?

Anyone have a location to download the stock/official T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab firmware (I've seen the links on samfirmware dot com but those aren't for the US version).

Thanks in advance!

x2beach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I need this myself.. I need the modem.bin file

cjsblues
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exactly... I need that dang modem.bin to (hopefully) fix the 3g issues post JK1 flash.

x2beach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
have u been able to surf in Edge mode ? mine always redirect me to tmobile site

rick75204
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Stock full firmware needed

I am also looking for the stock full firmware for T-Mobile. I am currently on a Euro Firmware and Yes I can surf the we using edge - I am using Simple Mobile which is running off of T-Mobile. when I was on T-Mobile firmware I was getting 3G speeds at 4mbs download and 1.5mbs upload now on edge I'm lucky if I get 100k up or down.

cjsblues
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, same here: T-mobile redirect. Wifi only at the moment.

I pulled my SIM from my Vibrant and put it into my Tab... have you tried going back to your Vibrant? For some reason, now my Vibrant is saying Emergency Call Only with the original SIM. Maybe T-Mobile has black-listed it... not sure.

x2beach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I got data working.. I had to hack some files.. but I got it working.. in Edge mode. just need the tmobile usa modem.bin file and we are Golden.

I have another TAB sitting beside me its tmobile usa version also.. anyone know how I can Extract the Modem.bin file from it ?

rick75204
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2beach View Post
I got data working.. I had to hack some files.. but I got it working.. in Edge mode. just need the tmobile usa modem.bin file and we are Golden.

I have another TAB sitting beside me its tmobile usa version also.. anyone know how I can Extract the Modem.bin file from it ?
Try doing a Dump with Odin - and just to let you know I only flashed with Euro Firmware and edge was working - no need to put in US Modem (especially if your still only getting edge)

x2beach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
how do u dump with odin ?

u need the stock us modem.bin so it will get 3g.. We are almost there

rick75204
Old
(Last edited by rick75204; 13th November 2010 at 10:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2beach View Post
how do u dump with odin ?

u need the stock us modem.bin so it will get 3g.. We are almost there
At the very bottom right there is a feature for Dump - you may have to put Tab in upload mode which I believe is "vol up + vol dn + Power"

And let me appologize - I seem to have misunderstood your post - I understood that you were able to get Edge working with the US Modem firmware.

Yes you are Correct - US Modem will probably get us back on 3G but I think there is a better chance if someone were to Cook a Rom based on the US Version

Tags
firmware, galaxy tab, stock, t-mobile, usa