*#232333# BT Search Test
*#232332# BT Audio
*#232331# BT RF Test Mode

TehPenguin

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 2, 2006
Redmond
dpaoliello.wordpress.com
Anyone getting an update in the marketplace regarding the diagnosis app?
Yep. I couldn't install the update - but if you uninstall the Diagnosis app, then reinstall (by typing the code into the dialer) then it appears to have the update (or, at least the update disappears from the marketplace).

yeah, and its size is HUGE!
Know bug with the marketplace and updates - it appears to display the number of bytes, not Mb.

pjjf

Dec 1, 2010
Ottawa
Here's one *not* to try

*#6984125*#

This enabled Auto Answer on my phone and I can't turn it off... :(

UPDATE:
It was drastic, but a phone reset fixed the issue. Used code *2767*3855# to reset.

Last edited:

denispage

Mar 1, 2007
Is there any way to use a code to improve sound volume (using earphones in zune mode)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

drleospaceman

Jun 2, 2010
Is there anything in there that would potentially stop the screen from dimming when showing white backgrounds?

dcsmaniatico

Aug 19, 2008
We have the list but.......

we have the list but we dont know how to use half of them......if we could have a detailed use of every code that would be awsome

tuffluck

Dec 5, 2010
i think i'm an idiot. i see all these posts about diagnostic codes, etc. but can't seem to find the answer to these questions: is using the diagnosis app considered "unlocking" your phone and does the use of these diagnostics cause your phone to not receive WP7 updates in the future? void your warranty? are they resettable? what problems do using these codes cause? simple ones like tethering or even volume seem like they should be harmless.

FL5

Nov 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
i think i'm an idiot. i see all these posts about diagnostic codes, etc. but can't seem to find the answer to these questions: is using the diagnosis app considered "unlocking" your phone and does the use of these diagnostics cause your phone to not receive WP7 updates in the future? void your warranty? are they resettable? what problems do using these codes cause? simple ones like tethering or even volume seem like they should be harmless.

Using the diagnostic menu will not cause MS to ban your handset from updates or void your warranty. However, many of the settings are very powerful, are not clearly explained at all (using them is mostly guesswork), and not all of them can be reset to default with a factory/hard reset. I spent a few hours this morning where it thought my SIM was wrong because of a setting I tripped and took a while to fix, which wasn't cleared by reformatting or using the factory reset code. So be warned, you can do some awesome stuff, but you can also mess stuff up.

That being said, I now have HSUPA enabled and I have set my band preferences so that my 3G connection kicks down to EDGE far less often. Sure, it eats more battery, and took some major head-scratching to figure out, but the smooth speedy network access is more than worth it.

Reactions: tuffluck

tuffluck

Dec 5, 2010
just for kicks i tried the volume thing out and it resulted in the phone part of my phone not to work at all. it would tick on the time counter but you could not hear anything through the receiver. a simple restart fixed the problem, and when i went back into the diagnosis program all the "7" numbers had reset.

no harm no foul, but i think for the future potential codes, i'm going to let you pros test these things and report back before i try them.

amlwaycooljr

Jun 12, 2009
Toledo
The volume trick doesn't seem to work for me either, when i try changing them to 10 it results in no sound until the phone is restarted. Upon being restarted all data becomes corrupt and i lose all personalized info forcing me to reset my phone. So I'd say it doesn't work, at least not right now.

tuffluck

Dec 5, 2010
The volume trick doesn't seem to work for me either, when i try changing them to 10 it results in no sound until the phone is restarted. Upon being restarted all data becomes corrupt and i lose all personalized info forcing me to reset my phone. So I'd say it doesn't work, at least not right now.

what "data" are you referring to that became corrupt? i don't think i have that problem, nothing seems to be weird about mine. i just had to restart the phone and that was all.

amlwaycooljr

Jun 12, 2009
Toledo
I mean all my email accounts are missing, all the apps I downloaded are gone, all the media I synced isn't visible and when I try to download any apps it says I have no available space on the device which led me to believe that the storage space has become corrupt or in some way unsuable by the system. It was at this point that I formatted the system using the lock + volume down + camera button combo. After which I was able to add my email acounts back and resync media and download apps.

Would be be caused because I am using a SD card or is there just something wrong with my phone. I tried using this method several times and it ended with the same result each time so I believe I did it right.

sushils10

Dec 14, 2010
I tried keeping all sort of codes still it's not increasing my volume for headphone

Hi,
I tried *#0002*28346# diagnosis code still it's not changing my volume at all. Come on I am paying for my phone and phone company should allow me to set my preference high or low or whatever I can. This is ridiculous features why they should give the diagnosis code if samasung does not want to give us more details of what values should go for volume increasing,.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Function Codes

!!WARNING SETTINGS CHANGED IN 197328640 MODE DO NO RESET ON HARD RESET THESE SETTING STAY WITH THE PHONE YOU MIGHT GET THINGS BACK TO NORMAL BY USING *2767*3855# - Full Reset (Caution every stored data will be deleted.)!!​
    *#197328640# - Root Menu (See attached for full menu layout)

Things you can do with this code​

Improve your Signal
    *#197328640#
    1,8,3,6,1,[END] and reboot.

Speed up your internet by enabling hspda/hsupa
    *#197328640#
    1,8,3,5,2,3,[END]​

Teather your phone​
    *#7284#
    Modem, Teathered Call
    Remeber you have to move it back to ZUNE to USB sync

Increase your default volume. (Confirmed working now!! :) )
    *#0002*28346#
    Click Get under the Device Gain (max/min)
    In the first box keep the number 7
    In the second box put 16000
    In the third box put 0
    Click Set
    Click Start​
    Click the home button.
    Restart your phone. To verify the setting took click the get button and it should show your values.

Run a system diagnostic.
    *#05#​
    Samsung Focus Diagnosis Codes​
    Lets get a list started.
    To access the diagnostic program you will need to dial ##634# from the phone pad. Below is a list of commands that I could find. Post more here and lets see what we can do.

If you are experiencing any issues with accessing the diagnosis main menu press and hold the app from the applist and uninstall it the reinstall using the procedure above. This is due to some having an updated app.​
    Single function Code

*#0*# - LCD Test
    *#0002*28346# - Audio control utility.
    *#0011# - Power and Temprature settings
    *#0228# - Battery Information
    *#0289# - Melody Test\Test External and Internal Speaker
    *#03# - SMDInfo
    *#05# - Simple test menu
    *#06# - Show IMEI #
    *#0673# - MP3 Test Menu\Shows Audio sound tests
    *#0782# - Shows Clock & Alarms settings
    *#0842# - Vibrate test menu
    *#0987# - Multitouch test
    *#1111# - Show FTA software version
    *#1234# - Shows the PDA and the Phone version number
    *#197328640# - The Root Menu
    *#2*# - Battery Information
    *#2222# - Show FTA hardware version
    *#2263# - RAT Selection option is resricted
    *#232331# - BT RF Test Mode
    *#232332# - BT Audio
    *#232333# - BT Search Test
    *#232337# - Bluetooth MAC Adress
    *#232338# - WLAN MAC address
    *#232339# - WLAN Test mode
    *#2580# - Integrity Control
    *#3*# - Test Brightness
    *#32489# - (GSM test) Shows the ciphering status and options to enable or disable it.
    *#7284# - USB Path control
    *#745# - Operation (2): Ril log done
    *#7450# - Operation (99):Error Report off done
    *#7451# - Operation (99):Error Report off done
    *#7465625# -Shows status of the Network, Service Provider, SIM or Corporation lock
    *#770# - Operation (99):Vphone 770 done!
    *#771# - Operation (99):Vphone 771 done!
    *#772# - Operation (99):Vphone 772 done!
    *#773# - Operation (99):Vphone 773 done!
    *#774# - Operation (99):Vphone 774 done!
    *#775# - Operation (99):Vphone 775 done!
    *#776# - Operation (99):Vphone 776 done!
    *#777# - Operation (99):Vphone 777 done!
    *#778# - Operation (99):Vphone 778 done!
    *#779# - Operation (99):Vphone 779 done!
    *#780# - Operation (99):SR Test done!
    *#9090# - Diag Config\UART/USB settings
    *2767*3855# - Full Reset (Caution every stored data will be deleted.)
    I have also not been able to get *#197328640# to work on my Focus.

Diagnosis ver. 0929

I found that i was able to backdoor into the main menu though.

from the diagnosis screen, enter *#32489#

and select the on screen "back" button four times to get to the "main menu".

this is the only way i could get to the main menu and play with the other settings. From the Change RRC REVISION screen, I switched on both HSDPA and HSUPA. actual gains? idk... I'll play and report back.
    thanks, what I need is the earphone default value
    5/??/??
    Where do you find that? I'd be happy to give it to you, but I didn't see it anywhere.

PS: Maybe a list of Default Values would be helpful on the first post? We could all chip in.

EDIT: I had not even plugged in my headset yet. Doh!

DEFAULTS

No Headset Plugged in:
    Sound Tuning
    1 1C 74 4 23 9D
    95 12
    System Gain Attenuation
    7 130 0
    Class Gain Attenuation
    7 0 5
    Device Gain
    7 1200 -500
    audience.cfg