Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[App] Personal Shopping Assist - Barcodereader

14th November 2010, 12:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

262 posts
More
Hello,

my first app called "Personal Shopping Assist" has arrvied at the marketplace.

With PSA you can take a picture from a product barcode an then have a look at the best price from the internet. So you can decide to buy it in the shop or order it online.

At the moment the app searches with google-shopping but in the next version I'll add support for ebay, amazon and son german price-finding-websites. And for the future it is planed to support testwebsites like ciao! too, so you can read what a product is rated befor you buy it.

Till now only version 1.0 is online, but version 1.1 is already in the certification-process. With version 1.1 the barcode recognition has dramtically increased.

Thank you to everyone to try it
Last edited by HerrVorragend; 14th November 2010 at 12:16 PM.
18th November 2010, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Can not find the app via search, in which category can i find the program?

Thanks.
18th November 2010, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

262 posts
More
I have renamed the App (on marketplace) to "PSA Barcodereader" so all the users who search for "barcode" can find it.

When you search for "PSA" or "barcode" you should find it. Alternativly you can look under "Livestyle / Shopping"
18th November 2010, 04:23 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Question Question
I have two questions.
  1. Is the application multilingually, particularly German?
  2. Can the application read only barcode or also QR code (matrix barcode)?
18th November 2010, 04:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Panther

I have two questions.

1. Is the application multilingually, particularly German?
  2. Can the application read only barcode or also QR code (matrix barcode)?

1. Yes it is fully multilingual (UI and searchresults). At the moment only English and German, but Spanish, Francis and Italiano will follow tomorrow with version 1.3

2. At the Moment the App only reads EAN13-barcodes because that is the most used type for products. The development for EAN8 and the formats for USA and japan is currently in progress
18th November 2010, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

91 posts
More
$1.29 and bad reviews?

Good luck with that.
18th November 2010, 05:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag Karlsruhe

18 posts
More
Works for me, and the prices are very good for Germany.

Maybe you can make it possible to filter the results, for example only for Amazon. I don't want to register in a new shop just to save a few cents.
18th November 2010, 06:05 PM   |  #8  

42 posts
it says on the XDA portal that it's free, yet it's 99p on marketplace (I know that's not much, but saying its free then it has to be paid for is not good).

I see it's only got 2 stars, I prefer to make my own judgement on apps, and also with there not being many reviews it's not subjective (it could be a competitor marking it down to give their own app an advantage).
18th November 2010, 07:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoami

$1.29 and bad reviews?

Good luck with that.

There is only one "bad" review with two stars and that guy ratet it based on the first version wich has a little bug in the barcode recognition algo.

At the moment the app is on thrid place under "top lifestyle" and on 151th place on the over all top list.

and the ranking in the topslists on appsfuze is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TschonDoe

Works for me, and the prices are very good for Germany.

Maybe you can make it possible to filter the results, for example only for Amazon. I don't want to register in a new shop just to save a few cents.

thank you very much for this input... I'll implement a feature for selecting the "favorite shops" and the search result will be fist grouped by favorite shop / not favorit shop and then sorted by price... ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosagojimbo

it says on the XDA portal that it's free, yet it's 99p on marketplace (I know that's not much, but saying its free then it has to be paid for is not good).

I see it's only got 2 stars, I prefer to make my own judgement on apps, and also with there not being many reviews it's not subjective (it could be a competitor marking it down to give their own app an advantage).

thank you for you support... the portal is a litle bit lazy... when you go to marketplace on the phone there are 4 reviews, three with 5 stars and one with 2 stars, so the actual total ratig is 4 stars.

but anyway... I will do my best to make the app as good as possible, so that anyone who bought it will be satisfied with it.
Last edited by HerrVorragend; 18th November 2010 at 07:42 PM.
20th November 2010, 05:48 PM   |  #10  
Flag Karlsruhe

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrVorragend

thank you very much for this input... I'll implement a feature for selecting the "favorite shops" and the search result will be fist grouped by favorite shop / not favorit shop and then sorted by price... ok?

Sounds good!
I guess there will be an update via Marketplace at some time?
Another suggestion: Let the user choose which information to show in the list. I think it would be better to see the shop's name instead of the full description in for example.
Is it possible to see the shipping cost as well?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread