[Recovery] [14-Nov-2010] RA-desire-v2.0.0 [GSM]
This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
This recovery is for the HTC GSM Desire only
, if you have a :
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here
- HTC Hero you should go here
- HTC Sprint Hero you should go here
- HTC Eris you should go here
- HTC Tattoo you should go here
- HTC N1 you should go here
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate
through the menu, press the trackball to select
items. Use the Back-key to go back
to a previous menu.
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Alternative CyanogenMOD version with Cyan colors and CM Logo
- Busybox v1.15.3
- Kernel (126.96.36.199) with ext3 + ext4 support
- SLCD and AMOLED support
- HW-Key navigation (Trackball + back-key) option
- Extended menu :
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup (/sdcard/.android_secure included), the following partitions are NOT included :
- Recovery (to avoid restoring old version)
- Misc (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)
- Splash1+2 (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcard
- Wipe ALL userdata :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe only /data :: wipes /data.
- Wipe only /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
- Wipe only /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe only /cache :: wipes /cache.
- Wipe only Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
- Wipe only battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
- Wipe only rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- (Un)Mount /system
- (Un)Mount /cache
- (Un)Mount /data
- (Un)Mount /sd-ext
- (Un)Mount /sdcard
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Toggle Signature Verify :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
to flash it.
Be aware that unrevoked flashes an Superuser app... so any issues related to su use are out of my control!
If you already have S-OFF (via http://alpharev.nl/)
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-desire-v2.0.0.img
ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
Latest version :
"Themed" versions :
Only the background and colors are changes compared to the default one.
Some things in v2.0.0 were kanged with a twist from the Clockworkmod recovery.
Special thanks to :
- Updated kernel to 2.6.35 (SLCD and AMOLED are now both supported).
- Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
- Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
- Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
- Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
- Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
- Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
- Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
- Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for all his recovery work ^^
- Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
- Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.