Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

Tip us?

Muikkuman
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
I flashed the unity v9 kernel using the choose zip option within 4ext recovery and it just hangs the phone on the htc logo screen - is this the correct way to flash a kernal
How long did you wait? I think it might take a little bit longer for the system to start after a kernel flash(correct me if I'm wrong).

http://www.coredroidroms.com/Roms/Te...DHD_Banner.png
Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.

My devices:

HTC Desire HD, S-OFF with ViperDHD by Team Venom

Nexus 7 Stock rooted.

gcarter
Old
(Last edited by gcarter; 31st May 2012 at 08:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muikkuman View Post
How long did you wait? I think it might take a little bit longer for the system to start after a kernel flash(correct me if I'm wrong).

http://www.coredroidroms.com/Roms/Te...DHD_Banner.png
im flashing this unity v9 kernal for use with the arhd 5.2.6 rom - I presume it will be compatible... and the htc screen logo staid put for over 5 minutes - will try and reflash it and wait longer this time

edit - nah its still stuck on the htc logo... maybe I need to try a different kernel

Wacco001
Old
(Last edited by Wacco001; 31st May 2012 at 09:51 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylee000 View Post
It's Call Recorder by Skvalex. It's the best one for a rooted DesireHd. My problem was that I had missing files that I hadn't realised about. If there's an updated paid for version then I will invest in that as I use that feature a lot as I have a absolute terrible short term memory. It's not available on the android market yet but as I understand it, it will be soon.
Yups, CallRecorder is a very, very good app.
I use it myself, and always without any issues ...

Not sure what you mean with not available on the market, but here is a link ...

Cheers,

Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100), powered by Android Revolution HD 31.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000), powered by Android Revolution HD 11.2

How to SEARCH XDA Forums

WaccoPedia

THANKs received are appreciated !

Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13770147 View Post
Hello dear,

I found 1 bug dat is calendar sync.

when i add schedule, it dose not sync to Google calendar.

Of course, i choose Google calendar to sync.

Dose anyone has this problem?

HTC Desire HD
ARHD 7.0.4
Kernel Unity v10
Raidio as shown below
i found another bug...

i cannot access to Google calendar using web browser.

its kept showing error msg saying "would u like to access mobile ver of Google calendar?.

Then, i press yes.

However, da msg shows again and again...

is this something related to da 1st bug dat i report?

if u tell me how to fix those, i really appreciate it.

Best regard.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA
Device: Desire HD
Radio: 12.65.60.29U_26.16.04.28_M
ROM: Blackout ICS Incredible v3.1.0
Kernel: BeastMode v1.5
Carrier: SoftBank Japan

bassir.masood
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluco View Post
Guys with battery drain "issue"...definitely not a ROM issue

Use battery history for GB (use search to find it) to see which app does the drain, look in partial wake usage mostly,also look for Xenova thread for battery drain (also use search.....don't complain that u can't find it )

and don't post the battery log

Send from my DHD using Monocytes, Macrophages and Natural Killer cells
i still cant seem to find the reason for excessive battery drain... currently my phone doesnt even last half a day.... please help....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (4).jpg
Views:	288
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1098442   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (5).jpg
Views:	272
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1098443   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (6).jpg
Views:	266
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1098444   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (7).jpg
Views:	256
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1098445  
HTC Desire HD (Root, Radio S-OFF, SuperCID, ENG S-OFF) | ROM: Android Revolution HD 6.3.2
Kernel: RCMIX_v122_OC_UV_2WCR | Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch | Radio: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M

Saluco
Old
Thanks Meter 1877
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassir.masood View Post
i still cant seem to find the reason for excessive battery drain... currently my phone doesnt even last half a day.... please help....

Bassir...plz dont start to cry ...we neeed you in One Piece (maybe a One X in the future)

before everything else ..lets find out what was your battery lasting period before and what is now

ok you say now last half a day but....

1. how much screen time

2. brightness ...what %

3. WiFi or 3G/HSDPA

4. Signal Quality in your area

5. how much talk time

6. how many accounts on autosync and how often they sync (push, 3 H, etc)

7. how many aps running in the background (i use autorun manager and autokiiler memory)

what you should do IMHO

NANDROID BACKUP 1st thats the GOLDE RULE or if you prefere

THE 1st RULE OF FIGHT CLUB

than superwipe

flash rom

flash rom cleaner

restore your apps with titanium (but NO SYSTEM APPS OR SYSTEM SETTINGS)

implement autorun manager and autokiller memory and im sure everything will work fine ...OFC depending on your usage

and NOW....THE CONCLUSION ...

DO A LOT OF READING

when 1st came to this thread and Android also i was a complete NOOBIE... i have no clue about Downgrade , Fastboot, or flashing (nor that i have a Big and Multicore Brain even if i like to think so sometimes )

but i Read a lott ...and i mean A LOTT...most of the times before posting here a question i google it a lott and search on XDA...most if not all of the answers are already here , trust me

even today, even if i dont post i read almost every line of this thread (and trust me im not the only one....there are more like me in the shadow)... i stayed so much on this thread that my GF began to hate it (well , lately i have a much lower profile , GF is still much more important ).

the ideea is to read a lott, trust me , the Knowledge you will obtain is something that no one can take from you ...or ..as an old Latin expression said
OMNIA MEA MAECUM PORTO
Galaxy Note 2
ARHD

Omega

WACCOPEDIA

Advanced Tricks for Saving Battery

.....THE LOVE BELOW.....
Quote:

....and of course, my KungFu is better than yours )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saluco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowPony
Old
Thanks Meter 592

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
the main problem I see is WiFi 99.9% ON

do you really need it to be always on?

and previous experience with "normal" battery drain was also with WiFi always on?

also, check saluco's pointers
Phone: HTC Desire HD
ROM: ARHD 6.4 by mike1986.
Kernel: RCMIX3D-V12-2WCR
Radio: 12.69a.60.29U_26.17.14.11_M
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9, build 40
Other Apps:
Daemon Controller 4.3.2-beta1 for OC and UV
virtuous_oc Daemon
Theme: /* IceHD - created by he_stheone, adapted by Restorer */

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowPony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bassir.masood
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluco View Post
Bassir...plz dont start to cry ...we neeed you in One Piece (maybe a One X in the future)

before everything else ..lets find out what was your battery lasting period before and what is now

ok you say now last half a day but....

1. how much screen time

2. brightness ...what %

3. WiFi or 3G/HSDPA

4. Signal Quality in your area

5. how much talk time

6. how many accounts on autosync and how often they sync (push, 3 H, etc)

7. how many aps running in the background (i use autorun manager and autokiiler memory)

what you should do IMHO

NANDROID BACKUP 1st thats the GOLDE RULE or if you prefere

THE 1st RULE OF FIGHT CLUB

than superwipe

flash rom

flash rom cleaner

restore your apps with titanium (but NO SYSTEM APPS OR SYSTEM SETTINGS)

implement autorun manager and autokiller memory and im sure everything will work fine ...OFC depending on your usage

and NOW....THE CONCLUSION ...

DO A LOT OF READING

when 1st came to this thread and Android also i was a complete NOOBIE... i have no clue about Downgrade , Fastboot, or flashing (nor that i have a Big and Multicore Brain even if i like to think so sometimes )

but i Read a lott ...and i mean A LOTT...most of the times before posting here a question i google it a lott and search on XDA...most if not all of the answers are already here , trust me

even today, even if i dont post i read almost every line of this thread (and trust me im not the only one....there are more like me in the shadow)... i stayed so much on this thread that my GF began to hate it (well , lately i have a much lower profile , GF is still much more important ).

the ideea is to read a lott, trust me , the Knowledge you will obtain is something that no one can take from you ...or ..as an old Latin expression said
OMNIA MEA MAECUM PORTO
screen brightness is around 15-20%.... screen on time is not much lately as i am testing how long the battery is lasting... i dont use mobile internet just use wifi... network signals are good and stable... usually above 3 bars.... i dont make many calls in a day... like since unplugging this morning my phone has been used to make calls for max 20mins.... and all the accounts on my phone are on manual sync... i unplugged my phone 10 hours back... havent used the phone much and the battery is 32%.... previously my phone would have had atleast 60%+ with the same amount of usage... i know i m eating up your brain alot lately but trust me i m in love with my dhd and i dont wana change my phone... i need my phone to last atleast 18 hours before i charge it....

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPony View Post
the main problem I see is WiFi 99.9% ON

do you really need it to be always on?

and previous experience with "normal" battery drain was also with WiFi always on?

also, check saluco's pointers
previously my phone used to last atleast 16-18 hours with the same amount of usage and all... wifi stays on all the time and this is not something new... i keep wifi on all the time because i m usually in places with wifi connectivity....
HTC Desire HD (Root, Radio S-OFF, SuperCID, ENG S-OFF) | ROM: Android Revolution HD 6.3.2
Kernel: RCMIX_v122_OC_UV_2WCR | Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch | Radio: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M

Saluco
Old
Thanks Meter 1877
Quote:
screen brightness is around 15-20%.... screen on time is not much lately as i am testing how long the battery is lasting... i dont use mobile internet just use wifi... network signals are good and stable... usually above 3 bars.... i dont make many calls in a day... like since unplugging this morning my phone has been used to make calls for max 20mins.... and all the accounts on my phone are on manual sync... i unplugged my phone 10 hours back... havent used the phone much and the battery is 32%.... previously my phone would have had atleast 60%+ with the same amount of usage... i know i m eating up your brain alot lately but trust me i m in love with my dhd and i dont wana change my phone... i need my phone to last atleast 18 hours before i charge it....

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

previously my phone used to last atleast 16-18 hours with the same amount of usage and all... wifi stays on all the time and this is not something new... i keep wifi on all the time because i m usually in places with wifi connectivity....

do what i recommend you to do...fresh install, rom cleaner...etc...

and other times post the exact ata not something like "not to much usage " how many hours ., etc how manny minutes talkings , what accounts syncing .

do a fresh install, restore no settings ...take it from zero and i hope you have time .... GOD LUCK
Galaxy Note 2
ARHD

Omega

WACCOPEDIA

Advanced Tricks for Saving Battery

.....THE LOVE BELOW.....
Quote:

....and of course, my KungFu is better than yours )

Wacco001
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2362
Quote:
Try to check things with a nice tool called Badass Battery Monitor ..
In this app's menu, choose App Sucker and have a look at "View % Power Used" and "View Time Held Awake" etc ..
Maybe you'll find some apps that love to dry your bat or at least keep your phone busy in the background ..

Also check DHD with settings - Wireless & networks - Wi-Fi settings - (menu) - Advanced - Best Wi-Fi performance ...
I myself don't have this activated as my WiFi signal is OK where I work/live and it uses more bat. once activated ..

Hope you'll find some reasons why your bat drains more as expected ..

Cheers,

NOTE,
Ofcauz it takes a while for the monitor to monitor things, so let it run for a few days first and than have a look at some results ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-01_12-41-39.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1098717   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-01_12-44-15.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1098718   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-01_12-44-32.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1098719  

Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100), powered by Android Revolution HD 31.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000), powered by Android Revolution HD 11.2

How to SEARCH XDA Forums

WaccoPedia

THANKs received are appreciated !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wacco001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, arhd, awesome, custom, desire hd best rom, dhd, gingerbread, htc, mike1986, revolution, rom, script, sense, teaser, thank you