[Q] boot loop on epic

15th November 2010, 05:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
o basically a while ago i rooted my phone and for about three weeks it has been working just dandy. Though rom manager wasnt allowing me to boot into recovery like it should. Me being the explorative person i am read all the forums i could and one said to just reinstall the CWMod file again via Odin... And THIS is where the problems begin. It appeared to work fine but when Odin rebooted my phone it keeps alternating between the standard SAMSUNG(samsungmobile.c o m) and a very "old" looking basic samsung.... over and over and over. O and did i say...AND OVER? again. It will boot into download mode but not into recovery mode.

My question to you android savants is: "what the heck did i do?" AND "how the heck do i fix it???"

Thanks
16th November 2010, 01:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7zdj

o basically a while ago i rooted my phone and for about three weeks it has been working just dandy. Though rom manager wasnt allowing me to boot into recovery like it should. Me being the explorative person i am read all the forums i could and one said to just reinstall the CWMod file again via Odin... And THIS is where the problems begin. It appeared to work fine but when Odin rebooted my phone it keeps alternating between the standard SAMSUNG(samsungmobile.c o m) and a very "old" looking basic samsung.... over and over and over. O and did i say...AND OVER? again. It will boot into download mode but not into recovery mode.

My question to you android savants is: "what the heck did i do?" AND "how the heck do i fix it???"

Thanks

If you can get into download mode (holding 1 while turning on the phone), I would use odin to flash the phone back to stock. Since this username is new, I can't post links, but at the end of xda-developers (dot) com add this /showthread.php?t=794138 and that will take you to the instructions you can use to flash back to stock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread