XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else suffering Wifi and Bluetooth Issues

Tip us?

Vertoso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Anyone else suffering Wifi and Bluetooth Issues

I've had the Optimus 7 since friday from vodafone UK but noticed some issues and trying to establish if they are common or perhaps a faulty handset before my 7 day trial period runs out.

I have had issues connecting to secure networks and after some testing with various routers it would appear I can't connect to WPA2 secured networks at all. WPA seems to work but occasionaly after screen lock or power on/off it fails and after manually forcing the connection I keep getting prompted for the password again and again.

Bluetooth was buggy at the beginning but has completely stopped working now and I am unable to detect any devices. Previously I could detect devices but not connect and pair.

I've tried a hard reset twice but to no avail.

Firmware 1.0.7.10
ROM Version LG-E900_V10g_Final-SEP-29-2010-2250-7004
Factory Version LG-E900AT-01-V10g-234-15-SEP-29-2010

I got the last 2 versions from the MFG app which I tried as a last resort to see if there are any diagnostics that would help me but without guidance I'm loathed to touch anything.

Apart from the 2 issues I'm loving the phone and impressed by WP7

xdapants
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the 900h (north america) and dont have any issues with connecting to wpa2

Commander Data
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapants View Post
I have the 900h (north america) and dont have any issues with connecting to wpa2
Interesting problem. I had heard there were problems connecting to hidden wifi networks, but nothing like this. I too have the North American (TELUS) 900h and do not have this problem.
Our phones here are running OS version 7.0.7004.0. Firmware version 1.0.2.14. This could be a Euro only thing, but we would need some more people to corroborate this.

Vertoso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Guys, I've logged this with LG Support and Vodafone, and I am waiting for their response. Given the bluetooth has packed up completely I get the feeling this is an issue with my device, what I didnt realise was the US devices were a different model (900h) so there still may be an issue with the european handsets.

KashmaNiaC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default In the same boat

I haven't tried WPA2 yet however I'm also suffering Bluetooth issues. I have an LG Optimus 7 bought from Optus (Australia) and cannot get it to pair with any of my A2DP devices.

A quick email I sent to LG Aus & NZ garnered a "this query is too complicated to resolve via email" reply; I'll have to call them up when I can set aside enough time to deal with being put on hold.

Let me know how you go - my biggest concern is that this bug only exists in a particular batch, meaning that I'll have to get a replacement before it turns into a drawn out "Warranty issue" procedure.

Vertoso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Replacement Device on the way

I'm getting a replacement handset tomorrow, so I'll see if its fixed. Vodafone aren't aware of any issues (or they are not telling me anyway) but as I am in my 7 day cooling off period they will swap out the handset and extend me another 7 days to evaluate the device. I'm not sure how keen they would be to replace the handset if I was out of the 7 day period.

LG Helpdesk sent me an email saying the issue has been esculated to the relevant representatives but I havent heard anything since.

sp1der
Old
Thanks Meter 0
also in Italy there are a smartphones with the same issue!!!
The most great IT Knowledge Base!
http://forum.sysadmin.it

---
Samsung Omnia 7
LG Optimus 7
HTC Touch PRO2
Samsung Omnia900
HTC Touch Cruise
HTC Advantage
HTC P3600
i-mate K-JAM
DELL Axim X30

Vertoso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth fixed WPA2 still a bug

Just got my replacement handset, bluetooth is currently working. Its paired first time with my laptop and my car (Audi A3 car prep) which I was worried wasn't compatible but it seems to be working great so far.

However WPA2 encrypted WIFI is definitely not working, tried it on my home router and another WPA2 router at a neighbours. WPA does seem to work at the moment.

Firmware is still the same 1.0.7.10 so it looks like the bluetooth was a faulty device.

xdapants
Old
Thanks Meter 2
wpa2 on some older routers tends to suck, Ive had issues connecting to older dlinks and linksys routers (with numerous devices) .. switching to wpa or wpa2-auto on them allows a connection ... id try a more recent wpa2 enabled wireless router/access point if possible

A Dustman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I can't seem to connect to my wpa2 encrypted wifi network any more, worked fine before. I'll be going to exchange it tonight, and I'll let you guys know if that fixes the problem.

Tags
bluetooth, wifi