Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will you stay with htc if they do not release Froyo for cdma HTC hero?
Yes I will stay with HTC 29 41.43%
No I will go with some other companany 17 24.29%
I dont care 24 34.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LG optimus S and Htc hero

Tip us?

shyam101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default LG optimus S and Htc hero

ok what I thought was stupid is the LG optimus S has the 90% same specs of the hero how the hell can it get 2.2 and our hardware our htc hero is 1-2 years old(i think 1) not even been in for long enough and it cant get 2.2 when LG optimus can?! (offical 2.2 froyo not the roms) so stupid someone should just port the LG optimus S to the hero and then we can tell htc the 3rd finger

Running AOSP on my Htc Hero

raymond4
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
I agree as well

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

shyam101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond4 View Post
I agree as well

I swear this might be my FIRST and LAST HTC phone I have ever bought.. I'd rather go with Samsung so far their doing great with their android galaxy series

raymond4
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Is the mytouch 3g almost like the HTC hero

shyam101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond4 View Post
Is the mytouch 3g almost like the HTC hero

is it made my htc?.....lol no

raymond4
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
I just thought they were similar

c00ller
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam101 View Post
ok what I thought was stupid is the LG optimus S has the 90% same specs of the hero how the hell can it get 2.2 and our hardware our htc hero is 1-2 years old(i think 1) not even been in for long enough and it cant get 2.2 when LG optimus can?! (offical 2.2 froyo not the roms) so stupid someone should just port the LG optimus S to the hero and then we can tell htc the 3rd finger
I think the primary issue is using Sense. Since the Hero is a Sense device, so on top of getting 2.2 perfectly functioning, they have to modify Sense to be compatible as well, and that is just something they don't want to invest in.

Quote:
I swear this might be my FIRST and LAST HTC phone I have ever bought.. I'd rather go with Samsung so far their doing great with their android galaxy series
Lol Samsung support their top-tier Galaxy line is not a good comparison against HTC and their low-mid range Hero. Samsung was responsible for one of the worst debacles in Android support history, promising 2.1 for Behold II users and then all of a sudden abandoning support after releasing 1.6. HTC is much more consistent, not to mention their build quality is the best in the industry.

Quote:
is it made my htc?.....lol no
Yes, the MyTouch 3G is made by HTC. MyTouch is just T-Mobile's branding, it is originally the HTC Sapphire or Magic. The MyTouch 3G and Hero are very similar devices, actually.. same CPU, similar amounts of RAM, etc.
Google Nexus 4 16GB | CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies

shyam101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ller View Post
I think the primary issue is using Sense. Since the Hero is a Sense device, so on top of getting 2.2 perfectly functioning, they have to modify Sense to be compatible as well, and that is just something they don't want to invest in.

Lol Samsung support their top-tier Galaxy line is not a good comparison against HTC and their low-mid range Hero. Samsung was responsible for one of the worst debacles in Android support history, promising 2.1 for Behold II users and then all of a sudden abandoning support after releasing 1.6. HTC is much more consistent, not to mention their build quality is the best in the industry.

Yes, the MyTouch 3G is made by HTC. MyTouch is just T-Mobile's branding, it is originally the HTC Sapphire or Magic. The MyTouch 3G and Hero are very similar devices, actually.. same CPU, similar amounts of RAM, etc.
But were talking about the htc hero on this fourm not the mytouch 3g =/

raymond4
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
I know this topic started with the LG optimus S and the HTC hero. The only reason why I asked about the mytouch 3g was because my friend said they weren't similar and I just wanted to know. Sorry for adding the mytouch 3g into this topic.

stayclean
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
The Galaxy-S series is their flagship more "high-end" series of phones, not to mention way newer, not really a fair thing to compare (they are doing great with not rolling out 2.2 updates for their new phones, that's for sure ).

Also, why are you not blaming Sprint at least a little bit about this? They are the carrier, afterall. Hero could receive 2.2 if they wanted it to, I'm sure.