Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

OP DaveShaw

15th December 2010, 01:23 PM   |  #11  
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,249

19,381 posts
More
That's a fair idea

Though it's tempting to ask why you don't just make the market work on the device and install from there

But still, good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by epods_one

This is not a "bug" or "feature request", however, I'm following various development efforts here in XDA land and would love to have the XDA App on a Android 2.2 Tablet that does not have access to the Market!

Why is the latest version of the "XDA App for Android" not available as a simple download somewhere on this website?

I found an old 0.9 version that has problems and would like to get (and keep) the latest and greatest verion on my Tablet!

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide...

Regards.

16th December 2010, 10:11 PM   |  #12  
Flag Redditch
Thanks Meter: 41

469 posts
More
Got a strange bug that no matter how many times i Re-install the app it just doesn't go away.

Basicly it started happening randomly the other day (worked fine for a while) and know when ever I search for anything the app FC's.

I've tried re-installing & even wiped my phone back to stock but still the same thing happens every time.

Any advice?
18th December 2010, 01:22 AM   |  #13  
Flag Redditch

469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlosTheJackal

Got a strange bug that no matter how many times i Re-install the app it just doesn't go away.

Basicly it started happening randomly the other day (worked fine for a while) and know when ever I search for anything the app FC's.

I've tried re-installing & even wiped my phone back to stock but still the same thing happens every time.

Any advice?

I've just checked with my friends Desire HD & his does the same! To replicate the fault do the following.

*Open the app
*Once loaded press the "Search" button on your phone.
*Search for something

That's pretty much it, as soon as you press enter it FC's. Ill see if i can dig about more & find out why it is doing this & if there is a work around!
21st December 2010, 12:56 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 9

131 posts
I found myself using it all the time. It's a very handy app for keeping current. Unfortunately, I can't find a way of navigating to the "Legacy" phones section, so it no longer shows the forum I was reading.
21st December 2010, 03:13 PM   |  #15  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 4,227

3,562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabicat

I found myself using it all the time. It's a very handy app for keeping current. Unfortunately, I can't find a way of navigating to the "Legacy" phones section, so it no longer shows the forum I was reading.

We're working on that.
23rd December 2010, 12:39 AM   |  #16  
Flag Ottawa,Vaudreuil-Dorion and NYC
Thanks Meter: 203

3,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
when i open the xda app, it shows me a blank page, with only thing working the setting menu...i tried uninstalling it already...
23rd December 2010, 08:33 AM   |  #17  
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,249

19,381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc fan89

when i open the xda app, it shows me a blank page, with only thing working the setting menu...i tried uninstalling it already...

There were some server errors last night, during which time you would have received blank pages, or messages about tapatalk having been removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 04:22 PM   |  #18  
Flag Redditch

469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlosTheJackal

I've just checked with my friends Desire HD & his does the same! To replicate the fault do the following.

*Open the app
*Once loaded press the "Search" button on your phone.
*Search for something

That's pretty much it, as soon as you press enter it FC's. Ill see if i can dig about more & find out why it is doing this & if there is a work around!

I have found a work around & I now know which phones this effects.

This problem only seams to effect new UK HTC Phones like the Desire Z & HD (Not 100% sure if its just UK phones but that is all I have to work with). It does not matter which rom its on as it effects all roms (must be something to do with the hardware!)

There is a work around that allows you to search & this is it:

1) Once the app is running click on the "More Info" tab
2) Click back onto the "Latest" tab
3) Press the search button & search as normal

I belive its something to do with the hardware of the Desire Z/HD. Maybe its not allowing the xda app to open our account thus not allowing us to search so when accessing the "More Info" tab it allows the phone to access our account? Just a theory though!

Hope this helps someone! I'm just happy that I can know search XDA on my phone! XD

Sent from my Desire Z on Stock 2.2 (No Sense)
25th December 2010, 09:05 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
FC on Advent Vega
I've just started using the App on a Advent Vega (Android 2.2)

If I click on the favourites tab, I can log on and see my favourite forums listed. I can then open up the forums, but as soon as I click on a thread, I get a FC.
If I don't log on, I can access the threads with no problems.
I have tried this on my Desire, but there are no issues with that device.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

Adfrad
27th December 2010, 11:47 PM   |  #20  
Flag Derby, UK
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfrad

I've just started using the App on a Advent Vega (Android 2.2)

If I click on the favourites tab, I can log on and see my favourite forums listed. I can then open up the forums, but as soon as I click on a thread, I get a FC.
If I don't log on, I can access the threads with no problems.
I have tried this on my Desire, but there are no issues with that device.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

Adfrad

I have exactly the same problem on the Advent Vega, previous versions of the XDA app were more stable but for some reason didn't bring in my favourited forums. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread