OP lufc

16th November 2010, 06:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,545

9,528 posts
Donate to Me
More
As it says just in-case you haven't seen it yet, but be warned it is based on Nero 10 with a bit of Dell stuff thrown in, anyways heres the direct download link

http://www.nero.com/link.php?gen_id=10&to=9999&installmd5=mhubdell&prg =installmhubdell-1.exe
16th November 2010, 06:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 169

1,119 posts
Hmmm, 140+mb install you can tell it was made by Nero

/edit and it's trying to spam me with toolbars, another Nero habit.
Last edited by Troute; 16th November 2010 at 06:32 PM.
16th November 2010, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
Tested it last night.. Seems like an unfinished version, it asks me to purchase the full version to be able to sync, not just import :s

And furthermore, dell update screen specifies that this should also have outlook sync capabilities.. I don't understand how that will be possible though.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
16th November 2010, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hampshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

242 posts
More
Unhappy
Agree with the comments above. I also found that after downloading and installing it, it then told me that there were updates available! And of course it requires a reboot each time (why on earth should the installation of a PDA sync program require an operating system reboot?!)

The lack of Outlook synchronisation is a disaster for me. I don't do GMail, and all my contacts/diary/to dos/notes are in Outlook. Windows Mobile Device Centre may have had its problems, but at least it let me synchronise my WinMo phones with Outlook.

Surely Dell can't remove this functionality with the roll-out of 2.2?
16th November 2010, 11:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,545

9,528 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip

Agree with the comments above. I also found that after downloading and installing it, it then told me that there were updates available! And of course it requires a reboot each time (why on earth should the installation of a PDA sync program require an operating system reboot?!)

The lack of Outlook synchronisation is a disaster for me. I don't do GMail, and all my contacts/diary/to dos/notes are in Outlook. Windows Mobile Device Centre may have had its problems, but at least it let me synchronise my WinMo phones with Outlook.

Surely Dell can't remove this functionality with the roll-out of 2.2?

From what i have read it will do all the outlook stuff but onlly when 2.2 is on board
17th November 2010, 12:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

84 posts
its an office 2010 64bit problem, its not an android problem.
ONLY Apple with itunes has made a fix for it, for what i know.
17th November 2010, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Mentone, AL
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00roberto00

its an office 2010 64bit problem, its not an android problem.
ONLY Apple with itunes has made a fix for it, for what i know.

Why in the world would Dell go to a sync program with 64 bit issues when by default, ALL Dell laptops come with 64 bit Win7 installed????
17th November 2010, 04:35 AM   |  #8  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2

566 posts
More
it is not an office 2010 problem. it is a activesync problem. activesync has no 64 bit support. running office 2010 32 bit on 64 bit windows works fine. the activesync thus also the dell sync program work fine as they rely on activesync.

btw if you look in the market and search for dell you will find the dell (nero) backup program. while you wait for the update to come next week , one can make a backup allready
17th November 2010, 04:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2

566 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyfire

Why in the world would Dell go to a sync program with 64 bit issues when by default, ALL Dell laptops come with 64 bit Win7 installed????

cause it works with 32 bit office.
furthermore there is a windows phone 7 sync software which runs 64 bit.
hopefully this will be used instead of activesync.
17th November 2010, 08:51 AM   |  #10  
Flag Taichung, Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 3

153 posts
More
Works for me with Windows 7 64 bit. First I deleted ADB interface in device manager and restarted. That may not be necessary. After the ADB interface has been reinstalled by Windows I started the new mobile sync manager and it recognized the Streak quickly under devices. After removing the USB connection it may take 1 or 2 tries reseating the USB plug in the computer before the Streak is being recognized again. A little fickle, but it works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread