[ROM] 16/Nov r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Wildfire (this is the version based on the 1.37.405.1 release)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).
(these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
- Based on the 1.37.405.1 release
- Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
- Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
- Optimised with the MCR build process
- All components updated to the latest versions
- ROM is de-odexed
Please note that this is the first release, many more changes will be added now via the kitchen and periodically updated prebakes (as per normal MCR builds!)
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien
Follow MoDaCo Android on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco
Want to donate?
MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.