5,596,354 Members 38,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gizmo5 sipdroid

Tip us?

wlawyer
Old
(Last edited by wlawyer; 17th November 2010 at 02:58 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default gizmo5 sipdroid

Looks like you can use google voice, gizmo5 and sipdroid to make free landline calls with the gtablet too. I am using CM B2 and was able to set things up using the directions I have used before at h ttp://androidcommunity.com/forums/f4/how-to-free-calls-via-wifi-using-google-voice-and-gizmo5-21836/

Keep in mind this is not perfect and I was only calling some after hours mailboxes since its late here but if you turn it to speaker phone it seems we can use our gtabs as a phone as well.

Edit: When I tried to call someone this morning I could here them pretty good but they said my voice was pretty bad though it may be this crappy hotel wireless doing that.

timothydonohue
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlawyer View Post
Looks like you can use google voice, gizmo5 and sipdroid to make free landline calls with the gtablet too. I am using CM B2 and was able to set things up using the directions I have used before at h ttp://androidcommunity.com/forums/f4/how-to-free-calls-via-wifi-using-google-voice-and-gizmo5-21836/

Keep in mind this is not perfect and I was only calling some after hours mailboxes since its late here but if you turn it to speaker phone it seems we can use our gtabs as a phone as well.

Edit: When I tried to call someone this morning I could here them pretty good but they said my voice was pretty bad though it may be this crappy hotel wireless doing that.

not sure how a single post thread made it to front page of the portal, lol.....

especially when the method employed uses gizmo5, to which new user application is (and has been for some time) suspended.

getting sipdroid to work through pbxes is a circus too. if you come up with an easy way to get sipdroid to work, that doesn't require gizmo5 (read: another easy way), i'd love to hear more
If you need help, try IRC #Cyanogenmod in freenode.net
Someone may be able to help you there. I will try, if I'm on.

samyvibrantuser
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
not sure how a single post thread made it to front page of the portal, lol.....

especially when the method employed uses gizmo5, to which new user application is (and has been for some time) suspended.

getting sipdroid to work through pbxes is a circus too. if you come up with an easy way to get sipdroid to work, that doesn't require gizmo5 (read: another easy way), i'd love to hear more
+1 i agree.
question comes to my mind how do posts get to the front page.. on what basis or rating?
Past = Deodexed KB5 [Stock][Root]
Right Now = 1.10.14 MIUI

wlawyer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Not sure why its on the front page of anything to be honest. The post was mainly for the people that had been using this already as I have for some time. I wasn't aware that they had closed enrollment after gizmo5 was purchased by Google. As I see it with this tablet being finicky about what apps it will run too much info is better than none.

wlawyer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Someone actually took the time to give my post a bad rating. Couple of minutes on Google and I found this guide to setting up a sip connection without gizmo5. I doubt I attempt it since I have a gizmoaccount but I wanted to give something additional.
http://moblog.bradleyit.com/2009/12/...wo-gizmo5.html

jtbnet
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlawyer View Post
Someone actually took the time to give my post a bad rating. Couple of minutes on Google and I found this guide to setting up a sip connection without gizmo5. I doubt I attempt it since I have a gizmoaccount but I wanted to give something additional.
http://moblog.bradleyit.com/2009/12/...wo-gizmo5.html
That seems pretty shabby... I got basically the same working only using a Vonage Softphone SIP account instead of Gizmo... so this can be done...

mscdex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried sipdroid + gizmo5 + google voice, but I found that the gtablet doesn't seem to play audio from the other party. The microphone works though.

Any ideas?

New2Android
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscdex View Post
I tried sipdroid + gizmo5 + google voice, but I found that the gtablet doesn't seem to play audio from the other party. The microphone works though.

Any ideas?
Hi

I used the same sipdroid+gizmo5+google voice setup and was able to talk to the other party and hear the other party by using the bluethooth. Conversation was clear on both the sides though i felt that there was some amount of lag to hear each others voice.

Hope bluetooth works for you too