LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

6 signal Bars on Virtuous?

OP theguy386

18th November 2010, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

99 posts
tried searching around, but didnt find anything besides on how to apply them to SkyRaider

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28#post8756628

I flashed this, but all I got were bootloops
20th November 2010, 06:31 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

99 posts
So many views and no input?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
21st November 2010, 01:09 PM   |  #3  

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy386

tried searching around, but didnt find anything besides on how to apply them to SkyRaider

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28#post8756628

I flashed this, but all I got were bootloops

Just install Real Signal from the market or do what I did and install Signal Status as it give you a more meaningful display in -dBm rather than bars.
23rd November 2010, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 303

240 posts
Download the following 6bars file and flash with clockworks, don't wipe and always do a backup. As with any changes to the framework file system, it will take up to 10 min to complete the restart after installing. This will flash the services.jar from the Nils' Business Sense v3.1 rom, all credit for the work goes to NilsP and all other dev that contributed to his rom.

I have only installed this on vert. 3.1 and looked to make sure that it will boot and appear to be a fully working 6 bar signal meter. No other testing has been done. If anyone runs into a problem DON'T bother NilsP with question, post them here and I will look into it.

If you need to get back to the stock virt. 3.1 services.jar file then download and flash the StockRestore file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StockRestore.zip - [Click for QR Code] (748.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: zip 6Bars.zip - [Click for QR Code] (719.9 KB, 242 views)
23rd November 2010, 11:21 AM   |  #5  

44 posts
More
Is this based on the latest framework?
23rd November 2010, 07:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 303

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme

Is this based on the latest framework?

NilsP has it listed under his ROM information that is is from the official 2.2+, so I would say yes it is from the latest framework. I have yet to decompile it down to smali files and compare it with the latest virt. 3.1 files, but will get around to it later today.
6th December 2010, 09:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 15

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER

Download the following 6bars file and flash with clockworks, don't wipe and always do a backup. As with any changes to the framework file system, it will take up to 10 min to complete the restart after installing. This will flash the services.jar from the Nils' Business Sense v3.1 rom, all credit for the work goes to NilsP and all other dev that contributed to his rom.

I have only installed this on vert. 3.1 and looked to make sure that it will boot and appear to be a fully working 6 bar signal meter. No other testing has been done. If anyone runs into a problem DON'T bother NilsP with question, post them here and I will look into it.

If you need to get back to the stock virt. 3.1 services.jar file then download and flash the StockRestore file.

Thanks! I just flashed this to Virtuous 3.1.0 and have been looking for it for a while. looks great and no probs!
24th December 2010, 06:27 AM   |  #8  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 573

2,175 posts
More
Will this work on Virtuous 3.2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER

I figure the reversal won't (yet), but have you tried this mod under Virtuous 3.2?
24th December 2010, 06:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 230

756 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

I figure the reversal won't (yet), but have you tried this mod under Virtuous 3.2?

There have been no changes to services.jar from 3.1 to 3.2. Anything that works on 3.1 will work on 3.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Berzerker7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2010, 06:14 AM   |  #10  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 573

2,175 posts
More
Thanks, it works
Yup; got it going on Virtuous 3.2 without a problem. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread