Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

6 signal Bars on Virtuous?

Tip us?

theguy386
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 6 signal Bars on Virtuous?

tried searching around, but didnt find anything besides on how to apply them to SkyRaider

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28#post8756628

I flashed this, but all I got were bootloops

theguy386
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So many views and no input?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

itisjustme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
tried searching around, but didnt find anything besides on how to apply them to SkyRaider

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28#post8756628

I flashed this, but all I got were bootloops

Just install Real Signal from the market or do what I did and install Signal Status as it give you a more meaningful display in -dBm rather than bars.

GMPOWER
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Download the following 6bars file and flash with clockworks, don't wipe and always do a backup. As with any changes to the framework file system, it will take up to 10 min to complete the restart after installing. This will flash the services.jar from the Nils' Business Sense v3.1 rom, all credit for the work goes to NilsP and all other dev that contributed to his rom.

I have only installed this on vert. 3.1 and looked to make sure that it will boot and appear to be a fully working 6 bar signal meter. No other testing has been done. If anyone runs into a problem DON'T bother NilsP with question, post them here and I will look into it.

If you need to get back to the stock virt. 3.1 services.jar file then download and flash the StockRestore file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StockRestore.zip - [Click for QR Code] (748.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: zip 6Bars.zip - [Click for QR Code] (719.9 KB, 242 views)

itisjustme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this based on the latest framework?

GMPOWER
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Is this based on the latest framework?
NilsP has it listed under his ROM information that is is from the official 2.2+, so I would say yes it is from the latest framework. I have yet to decompile it down to smali files and compare it with the latest virt. 3.1 files, but will get around to it later today.

froader
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER View Post
Download the following 6bars file and flash with clockworks, don't wipe and always do a backup. As with any changes to the framework file system, it will take up to 10 min to complete the restart after installing. This will flash the services.jar from the Nils' Business Sense v3.1 rom, all credit for the work goes to NilsP and all other dev that contributed to his rom.

I have only installed this on vert. 3.1 and looked to make sure that it will boot and appear to be a fully working 6 bar signal meter. No other testing has been done. If anyone runs into a problem DON'T bother NilsP with question, post them here and I will look into it.

If you need to get back to the stock virt. 3.1 services.jar file then download and flash the StockRestore file.

Thanks! I just flashed this to Virtuous 3.1.0 and have been looking for it for a while. looks great and no probs!
Check out Dropbox - vv
Click Here - Free 2GB file hosting

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 518
Default Will this work on Virtuous 3.2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER View Post

I figure the reversal won't (yet), but have you tried this mod under Virtuous 3.2?

Berzerker7
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
I figure the reversal won't (yet), but have you tried this mod under Virtuous 3.2?
There have been no changes to services.jar from 3.1 to 3.2. Anything that works on 3.1 will work on 3.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Berzerker7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 518
Default Thanks, it works

Yup; got it going on Virtuous 3.2 without a problem. Thanks.