Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 2.2.1 (FRG83D) Update

Tip us?

twflys
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the better battery life is in your head.... not better for me, the same- if not worse actually.

DarkDvr
Old
Thanks Meter 213
It seems any update (be it kernel, ROM or radio) immediately spawns "OMG better battery life" posts everywhere.

sarskild
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exa_gon View Post
Hi,
i've a question, because i never received any OTA update...Someone can tell me why ?

My android is :

Android : 2.2.1 ( updated manually )
Build : FRG83
Kernel : 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320 Android-build@apa26 #1
Radio : 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04

then i've rooted the phone by adm and i've installad the clockwork 2.5.1.0

Someone can tell me why ? ( the phone at the beginnin is branded by vodafone italy )

thanks a lot
EXA
Assuming you're not running a custom rom, the reason why is because your original rom is vodafone branded and the vodafone phones don't get the OTA immediately because the updates first pass trough vodafone and they send their own custom OTA updates.

At first I also had a Vodafone rom but now I flashed the American rom (the WWE versions at shipped-roms.com ) and now I receive the OTA's immediately.

gatogringo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Settings can rotate to landscape with this update.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

saint327
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Settings has been able to do that for a while.

I am still hoping they will address car home lol It's not very safe trying to read or dial sideways, because the car home app simply reuses apps that don't allow rotation. Reorienting the phone to the vertical position when using car home is a pain...

DarkDvr
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint327 View Post
Settings has been able to do that for a while.

I am still hoping they will address car home lol It's not very safe trying to read or dial sideways, because the car home app simply reuses apps that don't allow rotation. Reorienting the phone to the vertical position when using car home is a pain...
Just as a thought, I tried both and find portrait orientation better - u can see more of what's ahead in the Google Nav. Plus, everything is compatible with portrait mode.

Try it a little more, maybe u'll agree.

neoxz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornball View Post
Does anyone know if the newest SOC (1.5.5) will root FRG83D? Someone on phandroid said it did - the thirteenth comment from Mightytalldude.

I'm hesitant to update based off one single comment, though. Anyone else try this yet??
got it working with rageagainstthecage

jmattp
Old
Thanks Meter 54
In addition to having root explorer access with ES File Manager, did anyone notice the new Places ratings widget? It prompts you to create a public Places nickname when you first launch it.

It uses GPS to guess your location, then you can rate it with or without a comment.

neoxz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorriblemess View Post
In addition to having root explorer access with ES File Manager, did anyone notice the new Places ratings widget? It prompts you to create a public Places nickname when you first launch it.

It uses GPS to guess your location, then you can rate it with or without a comment.
that widget was there with map updates few days back.

nexus-six
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
Updated and rooted fine with OneClick