5,598,938 Members 31,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] OpenTTD Android port (Transport Tycoon)

Tip us?

SHADOW-XIII
Old
(Last edited by SHADOW-XIII; 8th December 2010 at 07:55 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Smile [App] OpenTTD Android port (Transport Tycoon)

There's just first release of OpenTTD for Android. I am not an author, just wanted to inform anyone interested.
OTTD is Open Source port of 1995 game: Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) with some more or less modifications and support for addons (*.grf files).

There was just first release to Market.
Android port based on libDSL. Source code available

Please mind that it is first release, therefore:
- it might be full of bugs or possible incompatibilities. Don't expect all working perfect. It is more like 'test' version to see if it can be done and how playable (or not) it will be
- game was not designed for small screens with high resolutions (Strongly encourage to install this Big GUI addon from configuration menu when you start game)
- it is not official openttd.org release therefore it is not supported, any issues send to the market release author (or post here, I will try to help you)
- the game will download 20MB of additional files to the card/internal memory, you can download it manually from here (the latest *data archive, possibly *lang if you want, *lowmem file for less memory usage but no in-game sounds/music) and this file, install/extract all files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl

(2.2 MB + 20 MB)
Market Link and APK Link
The Following User Says Thank You to SHADOW-XIII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgittins
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I will definitely give this a go. I was really into Transport Tycoon in the 90s.

Technomancer
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 420
Thanks for the app! I love OpenTTD!
Is it possible to use original TTD tiles like with OpenTTD? I have the original game ;)

Also, it looks kind of weird on Galaxy Tab. I think this is because of scaling. Galaxy Tab has 1024x600 resolution and I think your OpenTTD always runs in 800x480.

5oo
Old
(Last edited by 5oo; 23rd November 2010 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Won't install from market apk
I tried to extract files and can't find installation app..

5oo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
how to install OpenTTD pls??? dosnt work when i exctract data on SD card

SHADOW-XIII
Old
(Last edited by SHADOW-XIII; 2nd December 2010 at 01:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
Thanks for the app! I love OpenTTD!
Is it possible to use original TTD tiles like with OpenTTD? I have the original game ;)

Also, it looks kind of weird on Galaxy Tab. I think this is because of scaling. Galaxy Tab has 1024x600 resolution and I think your OpenTTD always runs in 800x480.
in menu go to Options, you can change your resolution setting there, not sure if you can get there something more than 860x480 in this build (that's max on my Nexus One), if not let me know I will pass it to the author but PC build can go any resolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oo View Post
Won't install from market apk
I tried to extract files and can't find installation app..
Quote:
how to install OpenTTD pls??? dosnt work when i exctract data on SD card
if you had non-market build of OpenTTD then market one will fail, uninstall before trying market one.
and the best if you let it to download necessary files automatically, but if you cannot then get openttd-data-4.zip files from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libs..._beta/OpenTTD/ (remember not to choose in start settings any additional downloads) and extract files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl, also remember to get libsdl-DownloadFinished-0.flag file before starting and put it in same directory
.to be or not?

DarkDvr
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Finally, a REAL game on Android! So many days spent playing this time-killer =)
I hope development continues, this is a game you can play for a year, on-and-off, and it only gets more fun.
Looking forward to a full port!
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Asus Nexus 7

5oo
Old
(Last edited by 5oo; 1st December 2010 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Ok so I just downloaded and extracted all files to same directory but how to install it from there
i have all in this /sdcard/openttd and what next??? dont know how to install that or what to do,,,
thank you for your help!!!

SHADOW-XIII
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Ok so I just downloaded and extracted all files to same directory but how to install it from there
i have all in this /sdcard/openttd and what next??? dont know how to install that or what to do,,,
thank you for your help!!!
you install APK + extract the files I gave and that's it - when you start the game you will be able to configure settings and game will start
.to be or not?

orb3000
Old
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for sharing this info!
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

Tags
game, openttd, ottd, transport, tycoon