NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hacked ADW w/ Large MIUI'ish dock

OP andmer

19th November 2010, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 452

279 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated to ADW latest github

I hacked up ADW launcher to have a MIUI'sih dock. It's nothing special but I kinda dig it so i figured id dump it here to share. I'm pretty sure it will only work in portrait mode because i never use landscape i didn't bother modding that source.

Thanks to Anderweb for having such a great open source project!
Thanks to Jrizzill for having such great icons!

- ADWSettings->Main Dock Style->5 Icons has been changed, to have 4 large icons as in pictures below. You must have ADWSettings->UI Settings->Dockbar checked to have swipe gesture open/close app drawer properly.
- Get icons here.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...med-icons.html
- To open/close the app drawer, swipe the dock apps.
- To add a MIUI icon to the dock
1) long press, select custom shortcut
2) press pick your activity, press applications, select application
3) click the icon to the left of the "pick your activity" button, navigate to the one you want to use, click ok.
4) drag and drop it into the dock.
- Use desktop visualizer (1x1 small) for other desktop shortcuts.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/desktop-...oid.app.dskvzr

Attached Files
File Type: apk ADWLauncher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.39 MB, 1611 views)
Last edited by andmer; 9th March 2011 at 10:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2010, 01:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

58 posts
Talking
OMG this is exactly what I've been looking for. Seriously when i switched from the Incredible to the Fascinate, the one thing I really missed was MIUI and having the large dock. I've been trying to hack launcher pro but this is great! Thank you so much.
20th November 2010, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

192 posts
Does this need root?
20th November 2010, 04:15 AM   |  #4  

99 posts
More
Awesome!

There are only a few bugs that I have found.

- For some reason I can't seem to trash anything on the screen :eek: Drag to the top of the screen and nothing happens, just reappears on the bottom.

- Sometimes when hitting the home button it forgets what apps are in the dock until I open the tray and close it.

Not sure if those have to do with the version that you compiled, or ADW itself. Anyhow not trying to get down on ya, considering this is exactly what I was looking for!

Can't wait for 2.2 MIUI!
20th November 2010, 04:18 AM   |  #5  

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb81

Does this need root?

don't believe so

For all those out there using blackhole rom's if you are using the embedded ADW then you can't install this for some reason. I had to reinstall a clean rom with TW and then install this APK.

EDIT:

Sorry for the double post
Last edited by KrInEn; 20th November 2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: dbl post
20th November 2010, 04:54 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

279 posts
Donate to Me
More
Glad you guys like it. I will try and fix/tweak a few things. Also will try to make it so that it can be installed side by side with stock ADW.

1) haven't had that happen with missing dock apps. try using the old dock implementation, that's the config i'm using? will mess around with it.
2) do you see the trash icon appear at the top of the screen? try and drag it all the way up to the top and drop it there. it works for me.
3) you don't need root, but if you are using some ROM with ADW pre-installed, just remove it from /system/app and drop this apk in there.
21st November 2010, 04:43 AM   |  #7  

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andmer

Glad you guys like it. I will try and fix/tweak a few things. Also will try to make it so that it can be installed side by side with stock ADW.

1) haven't had that happen with missing dock apps. try using the old dock implementation, that's the config i'm using? will mess around with it.
2) do you see the trash icon appear at the top of the screen? try and drag it all the way up to the top and drop it there. it works for me.
3) you don't need root, but if you are using some ROM with ADW pre-installed, just remove it from /system/app and drop this apk in there.

Odd, how do I implement the old dock config? Also yes the trash can appears, I drag the icon up, it turns red then it reappears at the original location :P just does not want me to change the setup haha
21st November 2010, 05:31 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

279 posts
Donate to Me
More
hmm weird with the delete.

make sure that this is not checked.
ADW Settings -> UI Settings -> Dockbar
22nd November 2010, 09:17 AM   |  #9  

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andmer

hmm weird with the delete.

make sure that this is not checked.
ADW Settings -> UI Settings -> Dockbar

Ok, found it. Still seems to have the same issue sometimes. Once in a while only 2 icons in the tray will appear in the center, until I open the app drawer then close it. Once I do that all is good again.
23rd November 2010, 03:18 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

279 posts
Donate to Me
More
i updated a new build, try that one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread