Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Usb charge

OP WarlockM

21st December 2010, 11:07 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
WarlockM,thank you very much,I already made a USB ware for my tab and it's working

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
24th December 2010, 06:17 PM   |  #22  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 14

153 posts
More
I too had been struggling with charging with other sources until I built an adaptor as described above. I found the resistors were necessary for me. 2 pics attached.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
30th December 2010, 09:54 PM   |  #23  

3 posts
Can I buy that adaptor somewhere ? Ebay e.g. ?
4th January 2011, 05:49 PM   |  #24  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,178

2,361 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't think anyone mass-produces those. I just made one last night from stuff I found at Frys. $4 for a usb extension cable and ~$2 for resistors.
5th January 2011, 11:10 AM   |  #25  

1 posts
ipad charger compatibility?
I was just wondering if anyone tried an AC/USB ipad charger with the proper cable to charge the Galaxy Tab.
If the products that are sold on dealextreme or ebay charge properly an ipad, and if the same usb trick is necessary to charge the ipad and the gtab, then it should charge the gtab properly.
Am I wrong?
5th January 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #26  
Flag Singapore

34 posts
More
iPad charger doesn't work, unfortunately.

But I picked up a 2000mA usb universal charger at a local gadget shop, and a third party Tab cable, and even though the icon doesn't indicate charge, the battery level goes up instead of down, albeit slowly so I'm happy for now
5th January 2011, 12:09 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 2

70 posts
More
Ive read everywhere that you cant charge the tab via usb but mine does?

Bought last week... Im a bit confused
5th January 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #28  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,178

2,361 posts
Donate to Me
More
It charges via USB, but slowly. The OEM 2A charger has different voltages on the data lines that tell the tab to initiate a fast charge at a higher current draw. This is similar to how the iPad chargers work, and why building the usb adapter in this thread helps when charging via non OEM chargers (including USB ports).
7th January 2011, 03:56 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 15

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

It charges via USB, but slowly. The OEM 2A charger has different voltages on the data lines that tell the tab to initiate a fast charge at a higher current draw. This is similar to how the iPad chargers work, and why building the usb adapter in this thread helps when charging via non OEM chargers (including USB ports).

Reminds me about hd2 kernel developpement discussion: like on our tabs, i think the kernel was responsible for choosing charging rate, because some kernels with bugs were keeping slow charge mode whatever the supply was.

On non buggy kernels, it seems the trigger was connection of data lines: a computer does connect data lines -> slow charge, a wall charger does not -> fast charge.

As soon as will have custom kernels for our tabs, we'll be able to change the charge mode that the tab choose. Some computer have powerfull usb power line. However some low quality usb car power adapter could get destroyed if our tab use fast charge mode for too long.
7th January 2011, 10:33 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 12

272 posts
Ok, I'm a little confused as to how this is supposed to go when soldering the resistors.

Can someone clarify which version is correct? I'm leaning toward the one on the right, but I want to be sure.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread