Transparent Sense Lockscreen Fix For The Mytouch 4G yet?

20th November 2010, 08:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

62 posts
Was wondering if anyone tried this or found a smiliar fix for the stupid lockscreen blocking the wallpaper. I can tollerate or even appreciate much of everything else in this version of Sense, everything except my animated wallpaper getting blocked by this crap
28th November 2010, 07:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 36

185 posts
Donate to Me
More
try downloading from market two apps, one called no lock so u can disable the sense lockscreen then download an app called simply lockscreen, you can choose the transparency to what you want so your background will show thru, love it!
28th November 2010, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

247 posts
You can also use Root Explorer and delete the HTClockscreen.apk and ODEX file. You will have a transparent lockscreen with the stock ASOP sliders...
2nd December 2010, 12:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

62 posts
well i perma rooted phone thanx to visionary & deleted the HTCLockscreen apk & odex file.

yet I still get the lockscreen, even when i delete and immediately reboot.. THE HTCLOCKSCREEN APK & ODEX FILES COME BACK IN /system/apps !!

wtf am I doing wrong? lol - did this whole rooting thing before on older android phone yet the lockscreen that won't die is making me feel like a n00b

also read on here that Titanium Backup can also force out HTC Lockscreen to Froyo default but don't know what app name it falls under in the huge list of apps on my phone since i don't see anything obvious like "HTC Lockscreen" or anything of the sort.
Last edited by G_won; 2nd December 2010 at 12:52 PM.
2nd December 2010, 06:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 31

694 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_won

well i perma rooted phone thanx to visionary & deleted the HTCLockscreen apk & odex file.

yet I still get the lockscreen, even when i delete and immediately reboot.. THE HTCLOCKSCREEN APK & ODEX FILES COME BACK IN /system/apps !!

wtf am I doing wrong? lol - did this whole rooting thing before on older android phone yet the lockscreen that won't die is making me feel like a n00b

also read on here that Titanium Backup can also force out HTC Lockscreen to Froyo default but don't know what app name it falls under in the huge list of apps on my phone since i don't see anything obvious like "HTC Lockscreen" or anything of the sort.

make sure youre deleting the apk from /system/app and that youre mounted in R/W that worked for me now i have the transparent AOSP lockscreen. but understand that if you delete this apk your stock alarm wont function properly and you will have to download an aftermarket app from the market. for some reason HTC tethered the stock alarm into the HTClockscreen.apk lol so it goes off when its set to go off but you cant dismiss the alarm afterwards lol
2nd December 2010, 07:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 20

200 posts
Is there any way to make it NOT be transparent but rather with a black background, (or possibly other configurable setting, such as settings -> personalize -> lockscreen background)? The transparency looks not so good as the desktop widgets come through and the texts overlay one another.

I renamed the HtcLockScreen.apk (I have the deodexed ice glacier rom) in /system/app but ended up putting it back because it caused me to have convulsions for it to be transparent.
2nd December 2010, 08:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39

208 posts
wrong post
3rd December 2010, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpr1de808

make sure youre deleting the apk from /system/app and that youre mounted in R/W

lol yes yes and yes i have R/W mounted in the root folder (otherwise it wouldn't let me delete anything lol). and i do go in that exact folder and for the moment those two files are deleted

yet the moment turn screen off and bring it back up... there's the dreadful lock screen of HTC's even tho the files are deleted. and upon rebooting the phone (hard or quick reboot) they magically appear

is everyone who deleted these two files with success using a secondary ROM? Because I'm still on the default ROM since.. well I still like much of the default ROM outside of course... this cursed lockscreen
3rd December 2010, 04:36 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 20

200 posts
You have s=off ? If you don't, even though you're remounting /system as rw, it might not be writing back out to flash memory if s=on. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_won

lol yes yes and yes i have R/W mounted in the root folder (otherwise it wouldn't let me delete anything lol). and i do go in that exact folder and for the moment those two files are deleted

yet the moment turn screen off and bring it back up... there's the dreadful lock screen of HTC's even tho the files are deleted. and upon rebooting the phone (hard or quick reboot) they magically appear

is everyone who deleted these two files with success using a secondary ROM? Because I'm still on the default ROM since.. well I still like much of the default ROM outside of course... this cursed lockscreen

4th December 2010, 04:40 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kambiz.aghaiepour

You have s=off ? If you don't, even though you're remounting /system as rw, it might not be writing back out to flash memory if s=on. Just a thought.

more then a mere thought, it's the fix that finally works!

went through all these steps except the visionary stuff that I already did to get root and after deleting those two HTCLockscreen files & rebooting, whala!

of course I'm now seeing the issue folks was talking about with seeing the homescreen icons/widgets through the lockscreen but i feel like progress was made still. thanks all!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread