Information on the upcoming Viewsonic firmware update
I called Viewsonic twice today, so here's my brain dump.
- This update is supposed to be released on Monday the 22nd.
- Allegedly the update will make Wifi more stable, will fix sd mounting issues (not exactly sure what that means yet), the TnT UI will be more smooth, TZ is fixed plus other bug fixes. I asked about the 90 degree accelerometer issue but no news on whether that's fixed. Also no news on whether Angry Birds will work OOTB with this update. Lastly, they will add an AppStore care of PocketGear, I believe. Flash will NOT be included with this Monday update, that will not happen until mid/EO December.
- This fix is OTA (over-the-air) only, and it will probably only work on unmodded TnT firmware. I know that there's a OTA service that runs constantly on stock , and I purposely ripped that out of TnT Lite. And the zPad and cm6.1 mods don't have that service running either, so don't expect to get this update automagically if you are running one of our mods. I have asked for an offline update given that WiFi is one of the things they are fixing
, but I don't think that's going to happen. Hopefully I am proved wrong.
- Once I get the update myself , I will wrap it up into a new TnT Lite 2.00 update shortly thereafter. Probably give me at least a day to do that and test it.
- I will also create a vanilla restore package based on this image. That will actually be the first thing I will create because I'll need that before I can create TnT Lite 2.00.
Hope this information helps clear up any lingering questions.
Android devices: ASUS Transformer, Notion Ink Adam, Cowon D3