[PRJ][17.09.11] Android/Linux on TG01 development, new stuff in git
Edit: WARNING! If you do not follow the below instruction, your post WILL be deleted, not moved. Thank you for your cooperation. ~TheRomMistress
Originally Posted by bally3
Appreciate your enthusiasm, but can you move the conversations about userspace (builds) to the Discussions thread please, as this thread should be primarily for the KERNEL development only.
Appreciate your understanding,
I have now a TG01 too, and started to develop some Linux stuff for it.
The branch for it is in our htcleo repository.
I did already a bit reasearch and put some new stuff in the htc linux wiki. I will update it if I found something new.
17.09.11 Edit10 and last:
I pushed my last changes. There some new stuff in repo now like:
- Powerbutton support
- Fixes for Power/USB
- Panel Code
- Usb cable pull/push did not crash device anymore
and much other.
I'm closing this project for me because I've no time to work on it.
One Info, the problems with the GUI after boot are ril related. The biggest work is RIL. It looks like you have to write (or find) a RPC based RIL lib.
Calls works now. But the mic not.
Battery works, a simple cable detection driver too. Problem, you cannot in the moment pull or push the cable in/out. If you do it the devices will crash after ca. 15 sec.
Audio and vibration works.
!Important: Run clrcad.exe in wince bevor you run haret and boot linux!
The Volume and Camera Buttons are now supported.
Added touchscreen buttons
Added first Test Build! Extract to sd and run haret! Look to Post 2.
Touchscreen is working now. I had to recalculate the calibration values. Later we have to look to better calib values, maybe a calib app for users.
We have now a official mach id 3197. This have to be changed in the default.txt for haret.
So some new stuff is checked in:
- panelfile with basic support for mdp and lcdc
- sd card works
- usb works
- rpc, pcom, works
Status: the device is booting now android till the unlock screen in the GUI, but without touchscreen ...
Branch is in our Leo repo:
The basic stuff is now in. Is booting. I didn't find a device ID for tsunagi, so I had to create one.
status: kernel is booting and android starting. We need to write much new stuff to get all hardware working.
set mtype 3197
set ramaddr 0x11800000
set ramsize 0x0e800000
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline ""
We need to research much stuff. And all this needs much time. So don't ask for dates
!!!IMPORTANT: USE ALL STUFF AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
!You can break your device!