Superuser Icon Contest
I'm working on a new UI for Superuser, and I want a new icon too. Only thing is that I'm really lousy at Photoshop... So I decided to have a simple contest to get a new icon.
Here's the rules:
1. The icons need to follow the platform guidelines for 2.0
can feature the current "Pirate Andy"
3. Submissions must be in before midnight CST, Friday Nov 26
4. Submit your entries via email (chainsdd at gmail), twitter, PM, or right in the thread.
I'll upload the submissions here as I get them, then starting Saturday I'll put a poll on this thread for people to vote on the next Superuser icon. Voting will last
5 days, Wednesday Dec 1 noon CST, Winner will be announced shortly thereafter. In the event I can't get a hold of the top voted icon designer in a reasonable amount of time, the runner up will be named winner.
Winner will have their icon be the face of Superuser.
I may try and find another prize if I get some interest here.
Got a couple:
- Android Plushy courtesy of AndroidSwag.com
- A beta copy of my wife's WIP geek centric cookbook
After the winner is announced I'll need him/her to provide me with the icon in 4 sizes: 36x36px, 48x48px, 72x72px and 512x512px, as well as a hi-res promo graphic for the market. Take some creative license with the promo graphic, you can even submit that to me with your icon and I'll upload it here.
Have fun and happy drawing!
Submissions (in order of submission):
Like what I've done? Buy me a Sunkist