** [GUIDE] FIX AND RESCUE YOUR VIBRICK + ODIN SUPPORT! N00b Friendly **
Fixing so-called "Bricks"/Odin Errors
This guide is open to contribution/editing/correcting I DO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THESE LINKS ARE BROKEN, PLEASE SCAN THE THREAD TO FIND UPDATED LINK. I'M NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, SORRY! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is where you get the annoying Samsung Screen/Galaxy S screen.
1. Get into Download Mode (WITH THE PHONE PLUGGED IN) by following the steps below *Turn off the phone until you get to the charging battery screen (keep in mind, your phone is currently PLUGGED IN)
*Press volume up and down, and power all at once.
*As soon as the screen turns black, release your power button.
2. Unplug phone from USB
3. Open Odin (in Administrator if you're running W7 or Vista), try one of the ones I attached to this post, at least one of them is bound to work, some don't work for me, but works for others, some doesn't work for others, but works for me, whatever floats your boat
4. Load in the files into Odin that you have downloaded from above Just load in the files corresponding to the text field.
DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION.
NO-BOOT PHONES This is where your phone does NOT turn on, no combo of buttons works and power button does nothing. DO THIS ONLY WHEN YOU PLUG IN YOUR PHONE AND NOTHING SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN!!! If else, follow the steps from above.
This method is basically same as above, EXCEPT the way you get into Download Mode as your phone is HARD BROKEN.
1. Download all the files required in the "BOOT CYCLE" section of this post.
2. Remove everything from your phone (SD card, sim, battery).
3. Plug your phone into your computer WITHOUT the battery, as you have already taken it out in the last step.
4. Press and HOLD vol. up and vol. down.
5. As you are HOLDING these buttons, reattach your battery.
6. You should be in Download Mode.
7. Unplug phone from USB
8. Follow steps 4-8 from the "BOOT CYCLE" section.
-Odin stuck at some random process?
*Switch to another odin
*Make sure you did NOT check repartition, if you did, just repeat all the steps over again, except for the downloading parts, obviously.
-Phone not responsive?
*Try "NO-BOOT PHONES"section of this guide
-Phone stuck at Galaxy S logo screen?
*Put it in to DL mode, and run Odin again, it's just a bad install.
-All three ODIN is nonfunctional, stuck or giving "FAILED" errors? *DO NOT CLOSE ODIN ONCE IT HAS FAILED! *Unplug your phone
*Replug in your phone, get it into DL mode * Unplug once it is in DL mode
*Replug and ODIN should recognize your phone
*Leave all the settings the same, then click "Start" again.
-Cannot get into download mode using the method I listed? Use the method(s) below: Soldering Method
More methods coming soon
I know how much of a pain posting in the Q/A section can be and the wait time is pretty bad, so if you need help regarding UNBRICKING and ONLY UNBRICKING feel free to post in here.
Hope you enjoy, this is my first guide, please don't flame. Any comments or suggestion is suggest, or if you have your own method I'll also post it
POST YOUR RESULTS!
The only forums this guide should be posted on is XDA, DZ, and PHANDROID under the username DRAIKZ and EXPLOSIVE. If it helped you, feel free to donate a coke or two!
Please be more descriptive in your terms of "brick(ed)". The term bricked is meant that your phone isb rendered COMPLETELY & UTTERLY USELESS, FOREVER! The phone will never get used again... Hence.... Brick!?
I like the guide just think it would better off with more descriptive details of what caused the phone to boot loop or not boot.
Thanks to:Anyone who has contributed/contributes their time, effort, and work the android community
Is there a fix for the brick where the phone does not turn on at all amd does not even respond to the usb in the phone like for example plugging in the phone a wall charger and not even a grey battery or a little circle symbol?
Most of us take the simple act of waking up our devices and having a quick glance at the … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?