[HOW-TO]Resize your widgets using LPP | Updated 01 Dec

Search This thread

zHk3R

Aug 17, 2009
Hoth
Resize your widgets
for a better looking homescreen!

Requirements:

- LauncherPro Plus (Alternatively ADW Launcher)
- A lot of patience (seriously) - resizing can be a *****
- And some sweet widgets!

This can be done with basically any widget. I re-did the entire post so let me know if you need actual instructions.
I think the screenshots are pretty self-explanatory but feel free to PM me or reply to the thread with suggestions.

1-AddWidget.png
2-SiMiClock.png
3-SiMiClockSettings.png

4-BattStatt.png
5-BattStattsettings.png
6-AnalogClock.png

7-WeatherWidgets.png
8-Alladdedtohome.png
9-Alignthewidgets.png

9-Alignthewidgets.png
10-ResizeWeather.png
11-ResizeAnalogClock.png

12-RestartLPP.png
13-Result.png

I was informed of adding widgets this way by Hollywood. Earlier I did it inversely - but this way the widgets won't overlap the wrong way
if you reboot and stuff like that. All your widgets will stay where they are until you move or resize them again.

Last edited:

zHk3R

Aug 17, 2009
Hoth
Another reservation

What the hell.
I'm gonna reserve this one aswell.
Never know.

LFCFredda

Nov 27, 2008
If you add the widget you want as background first, it will be okay when you restart the phone. It will not look good before the restart but after a restart it will be just fine.

You can resize it last of the widgets but remember to add it first of all.

Reactions: Nuntius

jettrue

May 1, 2010
St. Louis
If you add the widget you want as background first, it will be okay when you restart the phone. It will not look good before the restart but after a restart it will be just fine.

Hmmm, thanks for that tidbit! I'm tired of redoing it. When you restart again again, will it still be in the background?

mykela25

May 12, 2008
Richmond VA
Great tutorial!

Just wondering, how is it that your widget list combines your items. Meaning, for gTab simi clock, it just shows its listed one time then in () it shows u have 4 options, whereas in mine it actually list all 4 items. (see screenshot) Therefore my widget list is hella long. Wondering of u used an app to condense the list?

device-1.png

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it :) Its called AppWidgetPicker

Last edited:

jibaro009

Nov 2, 2010
Hi. I'm trying to install one of your SMS Unread Widget Mod without success. Can you post the correct way of doing this?

Thx...

zHk3R

Aug 17, 2009
Hoth
You don't need to modify SMS Unread Count - You can add custom images to your SDcard > data > kankosmswidget. Just drop your images (.png) there and choose Custom Icon when you add SMS Unread Count.

I'm on the Oxygen ROM - I'm pretty sure most 'new' AOSP ROMs have that feature. Either way I've had it since I first got my Desire and tried out OpenDesire. It's not an application or anything that does it - It's the ROM.

I'll be updating this post soon so stay tuned.

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
You don't need to modify SMS Unread Count - You can add custom images to your SDcard > data > kankosmswidget. Just drop your images (.png) there and choose Custom Icon when you add SMS Unread Count.

I'm on the Oxygen ROM - I'm pretty sure most 'new' AOSP ROMs have that feature. Either way I've had it since I first got my Desire and tried out OpenDesire. It's not an application or anything that does it - It's the ROM.

I'll be updating this post soon so stay tuned.

yeah, it's also on cm6.1 rc1 as well...but i had it earlier, i pulled the settings apk from another rom and was using that lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resize your widgets
    for a better looking homescreen!

Requirements:

- LauncherPro Plus (Alternatively ADW Launcher)
    - A lot of patience (seriously) - resizing can be a *****
    - And some sweet widgets!

This can be done with basically any widget. I re-did the entire post so let me know if you need actual instructions.
    I think the screenshots are pretty self-explanatory but feel free to PM me or reply to the thread with suggestions.

1-AddWidget.png
    2-SiMiClock.png
    3-SiMiClockSettings.png

4-BattStatt.png
    5-BattStattsettings.png
    6-AnalogClock.png

7-WeatherWidgets.png
    8-Alladdedtohome.png
    9-Alignthewidgets.png

9-Alignthewidgets.png
    10-ResizeWeather.png
    11-ResizeAnalogClock.png

12-RestartLPP.png
    13-Result.png

I was informed of adding widgets this way by Hollywood. Earlier I did it inversely - but this way the widgets won't overlap the wrong way
    if you reboot and stuff like that. All your widgets will stay where they are until you move or resize them again.

In that list with all the widgets...
    How did you get it to say like "(3 Widgets)"...
    Instead of that all 3 got listed... For example: 1x1, 2x1 and 3x1...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9575837&postcount=26
    I need another piece of info, which analog clock did you use? How can I find it? Search doesn't really help. :p

Thanks!:)

edit: Sorry for the doublepost.:(

Check my Dropbox (signature) - Apps - com.mymiui ... :)