[Radio] 2.42.02.10.29 Sprint CDMA Hero [S-OFF HBOOT only method]

Search This thread
P

Porkrinds

First, this post isn't for most people. If you want to flash your radio via recovery, see HERE. This way is easier in most cases. Otherwise, continue with this post.

Note: Flashing a radio by any method can brick your phone if something goes wrong... which it shouldn't. Flash at your own risk. It worked for me, for what that is worth.

HBOOT Flashable Radio Download.

Download the file, rename it to HERCIMG.zip.
Place HERCIMG.zip on the root (top level) of your SDcard.
Reboot into bootloader, or hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER from power off.
Make sure you are in HBOOT mode, if not read the screen on how to get there.
Once HBOOT is up, it will automatically find HERCIMG.zip and scan it.
You will see it found a radio and wants you to press "ACTION" to continue.
Press the trackball once, then wait. Once it's finished you can reboot.
You are done.

Thanks to Nfinitefx45 for posting the radio in his ROM thread, post #2.

S-OFF Method I used can be found here.

Last edited:

BlaqkAudio

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks for this. My university blocks 4shared (along with Megaupload and Rapidshare :rolleyes:). It's sometimes a pain to get the file I need. Thankfully I had s-off.

P

Porkrinds

Thanks for this. My university blocks 4shared (along with Megaupload and Rapidshare :rolleyes:). It's sometimes a pain to get the file I need. Thankfully I had s-off.

No problem. By the way, if you need a dropbox link you should just ask... plenty of people here use it, or so it seems.

I can mirror the other radio zip if you want it.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
thanks for the heads up, flashed this earlier today and now I get much better reception, so far anyway :)

BlaqkAudio

Oct 2, 2008
No problem. By the way, if you need a dropbox link you should just ask... plenty of people here use it, or so it seems.

I can mirror the other radio zip if you want it.
Oh, if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have even known the radio was already extracted :D

I was going to wait for HTC to post the RUU on their website and extract it on my own. But thanks to you, I'm now up to date and getting slightly better reception.

rulyskull

Mar 6, 2010
I have recovery but I like to try new things and this worked and was very pretty flashing :) thank you for this

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HERCIMG.zip (Radio) - S-OFF method only

So, the HERCIMG.zip mercado79 had posted, did not work on my phone. So, I created another, using:
    1. radio.zip from Nfinitefx45's post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9375821&postcount=2
    2. android-info from a HERCIMG.zip I used to flash a splash image

I have used it on my phone and it works. I have the new radio now.

Thanks all for the help and for making the files available.
    There's a version out there that is meant to be flashed via recovery, but I don't think that's possible if you're s-off.
    it works fine with s-off. the issue is that flashing from recovery won't work (and will mess things up) if you're using firerat's custom mtd partitions. and flashing the radio from the bootloader is usually safer anyway. especially if you're using an new recovery that hasn't been fully tested yet.